SBG6580 and Comcast

ZuluGrizz

Reputable
Aug 11, 2014
Hey Guys,

I swapped over to comcast today from century link, I have an Arris SBG6580 Surfboard. This thing used to work just fine (10/2016) But now it won't give me internet at all. They sent the activation signal, and can see the device is online and active at comcast but when I connect anything to it, it tells me "Connected, no internet". I tried all the troubleshooting I could think of as well as what was recommended to me by comcast. They provisioned the device and resent the activation signal multiple times. They claim from their end nothing is getting in the way of getting me internet. Google tells me this modem router combo is absolute junk according to multiple forums. Any ideas why it's connecting but getting no internet? I did reset to factory after failing multiple times on it and now I wonder if I should just get a different device/devices.

first check in the modem logs that the modem is logging into comcast and there no errors. if there no signal or weak or high power levels a cable modem wont work right. if your home is old or comcast added no cables and or splitter check to see if there the right ones. try plugging the modem in without any splitters. also call comcast ask for level 2 support make sure the mac number and serial info is right if there was a typo of one number your modem wont log on.

ZuluGrizz

Reputable
Aug 11, 2014

I believe I found the issue. I am only being provisioned for IPv6. Not IPv4 and 6. My IPv4 Address in WAN settings is an IPv6 address. So I am connected but can't load anything because no one really uses IPv6 yet. Comcast is refusing to provision is for both since it's not their modem.