scared of water leaks h110

E Stogadelic

Reputable
Jan 22, 2015
SCARED of water leaks is there a heatsink fan that would work on this rig?

CASE: phanteks enthoo pro
CPU: i7 5820K
MOBO: asus x99 pro
MEMORY: g skill 16gb 2133mhz
GPU: evga gtx 980
CPU HEATSiNK: corsair H110
SSD: samsung 850 evo 500gb
PSU: seasonic x750
OPHD: pioneer bdr-2209

Solution
I just stick to low maintained air cooling and like said above some coolers look like there too much weight on the board or stick out vertically and leverage is working also funny how in school I was taught heat rises and not sideways as how most coolers mount ??? so its all about the contact with the chip cause all the rest sticking out to the side aint doing much ...

with water it seems the fluid flows right past the chips surface and should carry the heat away --

E Stogadelic

Reputable
Jan 22, 2015

E Stogadelic

Reputable
Jan 22, 2015

i heard corsair will pay for damages if their cooler leaks and destroys your components...have you heard if this is true?
although fan is safe it looks like crap.

holyrage

Distinguished
the reason i use a H100I and not a noctua or a pahnteks or a silver arrow (they area very close when it comes to cooling)

is that i don't like hanging a HUGE HUNK of metal on my Motherboard the strain it puts is just huge and im a bit clumsy i can imagine my self moving my PC and ....

Crack goes the motherboard lol

and yes i also heard of Corsair paying for the damages but anyway dont they use a non conductive fluid? i heard someone had a H100 non I leak on him and he turned his PC off wiped his GPU and everything worked fine later

I just stick to low maintained air cooling and like said above some coolers look like there too much weight on the board or stick out vertically and leverage is working also funny how in school I was taught heat rises and not sideways as how most coolers mount ??? so its all about the contact with the chip cause all the rest sticking out to the side aint doing much ...

with water it seems the fluid flows right past the chips surface and should carry the heat away --

Solution

holyrage

Distinguished
^ here is the thing tho H100I as just as good as a Noctua or a pahnteks or a silverarrow even tho it is water it is just a closed loop cooler

TBH i would go with the NZXT Kraken X61 it has better fans than the H110

and the rad is a bit thicker i think anyways Kraken X61>H110 better fans and runs 5C~ cooler

my only deal with liquid is the maintenance part of it all coolant - tubes -- algae-- leaks -- pump -- so on -- I'm too lazy for all that mess for me a nice air unit [nothing fancy] slap it on plug in the fan and that's about it maybe blow out the dust once in a wile -- and my chips seem to run fine in temps [i5 4670 max so far has been 62c 100% load for 20min]

overall if you do a poor job mounting it and don't get the perfect sink to chip contact that will cause a temp issue -- a bad fit = bad temps

I assume that if it works 100% for the 5 years ?? never get leaks ?? pump don't go bad ?? ect..... ?? I don't know seeing I never had one so I'm no expert on it , but it just seems a lot of extra for little results [opinion]

bottom line is unless you go for it and try and see for your self you just really don't know -- if you want to give it a try just decide on one hook it all up and run it . it will work as you expect and your all good . or you find things that just don't work out as you like and you know better next time .. that's with anything

Tesla_Whizz

Reputable
Apr 22, 2014
If you want to air cooling instead. The best is the Noctua NH-D15 and go for it if you can bear the looks. If not, just slightly under the Noctua performance is the Phanteks PH-TC14PE or the Cryorig R1 Ultimate! Both really good looking and cheaper. But watch your ram clearance, especially with the R1 Ultimate.

ccampy

Honorable
Jan 4, 2014
The odd or a large CPU cooler damaging your board are tiny only really happens during transit e.g long distance parcel type not just moving it around your room the weight is spread across the whole CPU socket area

ya , but just like if you grab a gallon milk jug in each hand then hold then out in front of you and see how it starts to work on your shoulders ... same with anything you got that long heavy cooler sticking out and now your board heats up cools off ,ect ...... sooner or later its like twisting a wire in 2 or may hold some warpage to the board .. like I say heat rises but most air coolers are mounted horizontally to the chip so if its metel that contacts the chip is not a good conductor of heat its just odd to me .. I like to use the air coolers that atleast the fan blows down to the chip and board .. kinda like this cooler [opinion]
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103084

low pro less leverage/stess on the board fan blows onto or draws away from the chip/board ???

but that's just me