Question Screen Artifacts - - - GPU or Monitor issue ?

Jul 28, 2023
Hello, I need your help.
I recently built this PC:

● AMD Ryzen 7 5700X
● ASRock B450M Steel Legend
● Asgard 32GB@3200Mhz (4x8 GB)
● AMD RX 6800XT OC
● XPG CORE REACTOR 850W
● WC ML120L
● BIOSTAR NVME 256GB SSD
● HD 3TB
● Windows 11 Pro
● ASUS VP249QGR 144Hz
● PHILIPS Giocco 60Hz
● Razer BlackWidow Chroma v1
● Razer Mamba Elite
● Razer Firefly
● HyperX QuadCast
● Astro A40TR + MixAmp PRO

All parts are new except the video card (Gigabyte RX 6800XT, which I bought from a guy who used it for mining for 9 months. He said that the card was not at 100% use and that the temperature was around 50-55ºC (I highly doubt it).

The GPU arrived and I did all the tests possible, Furmark, 3DMark, OCCT, Heaven. And even it at full load does not exceed 68ºC, Hotspot 80ºC and Memory Junction does not exceed 75ºC.
I did all the tests possible and no artifacts or anything like that, yesterday I played GTA V with ultra realistic mods and in 4k for hours(100% gpu usage and no artifacts on the monitor), The last of us at maximum 100% usage and no problems also. I did a VRAM test using OCCT where it uses its 16GB of vram and still no errors and no artifacts.

The problem is this, I use two monitors. And the problem only appears on my second one, which is a PHILIPS 1080p @60hz, manufactured in 2015, I use an HDMI cable on it (it only has HDMI, I already changed the cable, video card port)

What happens is that when I'm browsing, oddly enough, the problem seems to appear whenever I have google chrome open and almost always on youtube (remembering that it didn't just appear in the video itself, it spreads to the sides and the sometimes goes to the taskbar, remembering that the artifact never appears on the main monitor, even at 100%.)

I don't know what it could be, monitor problem? Software? Driver? Artifacts do not appear in the print or screen recording, only in the photo .. which I believe is the GPU or the monitor! But if it's the GPU, why don't the problems appear on the main monitor when I spend hours and hours with the GPU at 100% in heavy games, streaming etc..

a pic from the artifactsI need some help please..

NanoSuit3

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2017
Have you tried different browsers or something?? Chrome has a tendency to cause these things on AMD GPUs I've heard from sources of mine. It's kinda stupid weird but rare all around. Usually this happens even if temps are normal it's just something that I've only seen like twice and a simple remove or quarantine did it or something it was 10 years ago lol. Try not using Chrome and use Firefox or Opera lol...............................

TRENDING THREADS