Screen Blacks in and out Randomly

Mabekle

Reputable
Aug 13, 2015
Hi, Just recently I have been having issues with my screen blacking out for a few seconds then coming back on. It never lasts more than a second at a time and while it is happening I have full control of my computer. Sometimes it happens a whole lot in a small amount of time and other times it will go out and then be fine for 12 minutes before going out again. It's purely random.

The only time it doesn't happen is when I am playing any type of game. I can play for hours without it ever going black and as soon as I quit the problem starts up again. I had this problem before since I am using an AMD Graphics card. It happened when I updated my drivers. I fixed it by reverting back to an older one. But now I was forced to upgrade to windows 10 because of a whole other issue with my code for windows 7 inexplicably stopped working and I was forced to re-install windows. As soon as I finished upgrading though it updated my graphics again causing the issue to start all over.

I tried to revert but now that doesn't help at all. I even tried to just update to the drivers and not install catalyst reading that sometimes catalyst can cause it. I'm at wit's end during the entire time of me writing this post it's happened probably a hundred times lol. So if anyone can find a work around or maybe knows something I can do other than throw my graphics card in the trash and buy a Nvidia I would appreciate the help. Thanks for any comments I'll try to answer back as quickly as possible.

Here's my specs as well.
Amd Radeon HD 7900 series
Intel i7-2600k CPU 3.40GHz
SB X-Fi Xtreme Audio
A 32 Inch 720p 60 hz Dynex HD-TV screen as a monitor
Windows 10 64 Bit

Mabekle

Reputable
Aug 13, 2015

Hey, no I never get an error like that its like a screen flicker but it goes fully black instead of lines and I actually have not tried a different cable. I'll give it a shot after work and see if that's the culprit.

Mabekle

Reputable
Aug 13, 2015

Well just checked and sadly it's not the wire. Even tried it on a different HDMI slot. Also no I've had the same hardware for four years now.

Mabekle

Reputable
Aug 13, 2015
Just to add to the weirdness of it all I have just found out if I keep a video from YouTube (for example) up and running in a webpage my screen stops blacking out. As soon as I close the page the video is playing in it starts up again. I'm at a loss right now.