Question Screen blinking and flashing ?

fetas

Prominent
Nov 3, 2022
Hello I have this laptop: Asus VivoBook Flip 14 TP412FA-XB56T
I have it for around 2-3 years now and one year ago the screen started flashing black horizontal lines.
It usually happens after I turn on the laptop for a few minutes and I move the screen back forth until the screen stop doing that. 99% of the times it happens when I turn on the laptop but it's not every single time. Some times it turns on normal and some other times it does the flashing.
I took it to a computer engineer to check what's wrong and fix it. He told me he had to loosen a bit the cables in the screen cause they were too tight and this fixed it until few days ago it happened again but it also started having problems with the touch screen. Some times it works and sometimes it doesn't.
What could be the cause of this? I never had accident with the laptop, didn't hit anywhere or put heavy stuff on it. Never fell to the ground it just randomly started having this problem. I also asked second opinion from another computer engineer and he said I might need to change the whole screen and that it's more worth it to just buy new laptop.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

If the touchscreen is also encountering an issue, it's possible that the display and the ribbon cable might be compromised. Have you made sure your laptop is on the latest BIOS version? You might want to see if you can uninstall your GPU drivers(in spite of not having a discrete GPU but an iGPU) with DDU and then manually reinstall your Intel GPU drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator. Source the latest drivers from Intel's support site or from Asus support site for your laptop.

fetas

Prominent
Nov 3, 2022
I don't know at all how to check those things. I have so many questions already i'm not so good with computers :sweatsmile:
How can I check if the BIOS is on the latest version? What is DDU and where can I find it? How can I find the right drivers to download?