[SOLVED] Screen flickers and then goes black using 144hz monitor

Jun 9, 2020
I recently bought a 144hz monitor and i love it,but i have been getting weird flickering then a black screen in some games , if the screen goes black it comes back on in seconds and the monitor still has power. I have tried updating all the drivers with no success.

My System

i7-8700k
750w psu
16gb ddr4
Maximus X mb
Monitor AOC cq27g2

Thanks

Solution
I had it set up like you said in NvidiaCP gsync enabled as well as the monitor adaptive sync on and that is when the issue started occurring.

I am sure the monitor is fine because this only happens in certain games, therefore, I'm leaning towards a setting being the issue?

Difficult to say which game setting would cause this but if, after longer testing, turns out the monitor displays fine with adaptive sync disabled then maybe try a different Geforce driver. Try a few versions earlier If you're on the latest.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Hmm ok, was about to suspect the cable. What happens if you try 60/100 or 120Hz?

If Gamebar is enabled, check DVR recording isn't enabled.

Have you tried enable or disable Freesync in the monitor menu? How about if you enable Gsync in NvidiaCP with Freesync enabled using DP cable?

Are you running multiple monitors?

Jun 9, 2020
Yes, DVR is disabled. I am running 2 monitors but I unplugged my old one because of this issue and still nothing happened. I just disabled adaptive sync on the monitor itself and am yet to have a black screen but it's only been a few minutes.

I had it set up like you said in NvidiaCP gsync enabled as well as the monitor adaptive sync on and that is when the issue started occurring.

I am sure the monitor is fine because this only happens in certain games, therefore, I'm leaning towards a setting being the issue?

I also tried changing the refresh rate to no avail.

boju

Titan
Ambassador

Difficult to say which game setting would cause this but if, after longer testing, turns out the monitor displays fine with adaptive sync disabled then maybe try a different Geforce driver. Try a few versions earlier If you're on the latest.

Solution