Question Screen goes Black and fans go at full speed

AtomusA

Honorable
Jan 8, 2016
Hello. Since yesterday I have been experiencing the above problem, more and more frequently since the first time. It’s now so bad that I cannot try any fixes I see online because it can only be on for5-8 minutes before doing it. It might also be relevant that I am getting a 41 Kernel-Power in my event viewer, which is an error that I am familiar with because it happened before, where the fix was a new PSU, but that is only about 2 years ago, so I should not have to switch again already. I have an ASUS prime x370 pro, an Nvidia 1080ti, CPU is AMD Ryzen 7 1800x Eight Core. PSU is Corsair RM850, which was bought september 6. 2020. The problem started occurring after I came home with a new webcam, but running the pc without has no effect, and I did not make any other changes that could cause this type of error. All the other components in the pc are 4 years old.

What I’ve tried:
Cleaning pc
Running without the webcam

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Lutfij

Titan
What BIOS version are you on for your motherboard? Speaking of BIOS, can you get into BIOS and remain there indefinitely? If you're working with Windows 10, what version(not edition) of the OS are you on? Make and model of your webcam? Might want to see if uninstalling the webcam and reinstalling it with the latest drivers, manually, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator, helps you out.

AtomusA

Honorable
Jan 8, 2016
What is the name/brand of the web cam, and how does it connect to your PC?
Trust HD 720P Webcam Trino, usb

How much RAM do you have, and how are the modules seated (X - X - X - X)?What do
32Gb DDR4, 0, 1, 0, 1

you use the PC for (gaming, web surfing, etc)?
Gaming, web surfing, streaming, programming

GreyCatz

Distinguished
Almost forgot: You said that you get the PSU-related error message today? Even though the RM850 may be from September 2020 and so fairly new, it does sound like it's not working properly. Can you borrow a PSU from a friend? (Just to eliminate that potential issue).

About the RAM seating: Regardless of the above, I would change the seating to 1 - 0 - 1 - 0 starting with socket closest to the CPU.

AtomusA

Honorable
Jan 8, 2016
What BIOS version are you on for your motherboard? Bios v’er. 0604, Speaking of BIOS, can you get into BIOS and remain there indefinitely? No crashes in BIOS y’et, and it’s lasted at least 4 times longer than i do on desktop so I am gonna say yes. If you're working with Windows 10, what version(not edition) of the OS are you on? 64 bit. Make and model of your webcam? Posted in comment abobe. Might want to see if uninstalling the webcam and reinstalling it with the latest drivers, manually, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator, helps you out. No installation software and according to manufacturer no drivers needed

AtomusA

Honorable
Jan 8, 2016
Almost forgot: You said that you get the PSU-related error message today? Even though the RM850 may be from September 2020 and so fairly new, it does sound like it's not working properly. Can you borrow a PSU from a friend? (Just to eliminate that potential issue).

I am sadly not able to borrow a PSU from anyone, and the only spare i have is the broken one

About the RAM seating: Regardless of the above, I would change the seating to 1 - 0 - 1 - 0 starting with socket closest to the CPU. Ill do that next time I open up my pc, thanks!

AtomusA

Honorable
Jan 8, 2016
Update: now sometimes when i check the eventviewer, I do not get a 41 Kernel Power, but instead a Critical event on the next start, stating that previous shutdown was unexpexted