Apr 21, 2024
Hello, my computer specs are:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3D - with Lian Li Galahad SL 360 AIO cooling it
MB: Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming WIFI
RAM: GSkill Trident Z5 Neo RGB 32GB DDR5 6000MHz
GPU: Gigabyte Aero Nvidia 4070Ti
PSU: Seasonic Focus GX, 80+ Gold, 850W
SSD: Samsung 980 Pro 1TB
OS: Windows 11 Home, Version 23H2 (updated on 20/APR/2024)

I recently (01/MAR/2024) bought all the components and used my old GPU (an Nvidia 3060). After 1 month of not having problems, at the end of March, the computer started to turn off the screen and setting GPU fans at full speed, but sometimes i could still hear the music or other apps running on the computer. I changed my GPU to the 4070Ti, I tested the memory with memtest64, updated BIOS, reinstalled windows, downloaded and installed all of the latest drivers for the MB from Asus page and installed the last version for GPU drivers. I did this on 06/APR/2024 and until yesterday everything worked just fine without any problem.
Yesterday, windows did an update and I also updated the GPU drivers and the problem reappeared, do you have any ideas what should i do next?

PowahRanger

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2016
I am facing the same issue. Really intrigued by this issue. I am starting to fear that it might be a GPU hardware fault. If I find anything worth mentioning I will let you know.

Also, be sure your temperatures are in decent range. This behaviour could sometimes be related to GPU overheating as far as I've been able to find out.

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2024
I am facing the same issue. Really intrigued by this issue. I am starting to fear that it might be a GPU hardware fault. If I find anything worth mentioning I will let you know.

Also, be sure your temperatures are in decent range. This behaviour could sometimes be related to GPU overheating as far as I've been able to find out.
I dont think it is a GPU hardware problem since I used both 3060 and 4070Ti (4070Ti being new, its been 2 week since I unboxed it) and the computer still did the same thing.

Reactions: PowahRanger

PowahRanger

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2016
I dont think it is a GPU hardware problem since I used both 3060 and 4070Ti (4070Ti being new, its been 2 week since I unboxed it) and the computer still did the same thing.
That's why I am also very confused by this. I tried my mate's gpu and had no issues whatsoever, but reading online that others have switched GPU, PSU and/or Mobo and this problem persists... What could it be? A fault in windows itself? Truly is quite the anomaly. I've tested a couple of things myself, including upgrading to windows 11, switching power cable. Updating BIOS, clearing CMOS. Sadly no fix yet.

TRENDING THREADS