Question Screen goes blank after Boot logo

aqibkurawle

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2016
I am trying to boot my PC. Everything works well until the Boot Logo. After the boot logo, when windows is about to load, the screen goes blank. After a while, the yellow light on the motherboard starts to blink slowly(stays stable for a second then blink).
If I do a restart, it boots but with very low resolution. Device manager says graphics was stopped with code 43.

Specs
Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F Gaming
Graphics Card: MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio
RAM: GSkill Trident Z 8GB x2
PSU: Seasonic 850W platinum

Last edited:

Imperat0r

Proper
Apr 19, 2024
Hello.
Code 43 is when Windows can't load the drivers.
That could be cause by a hardware malfunction or a software glitch.
Would you be so kind and give us a complete system specs?
And how exactly you ended up with this situation?

Reactions: CountMike

aqibkurawle

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2016
My apologies, I have listed the hardware above. Additionally, there are 4 Chassis fans and a Cryorig H7 as the CPU cooler. There are 2 SSD and HDD each connected via SATA 3(no NVME):
SSD: Sandisk Ultra 1TB and Samsung 870 EVO 1TB
HDD: WD Blue 1TB and ST Electronics 160GB

You can also refer this link for the complete build info https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Njrs4M

One more update, I swapped the graphics card with an old MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X and the system works just fine. I am in the process of replacing the thermal compound on the 2070 Super. I am suspecting the 2070 Super to have a hardware issue.

Few months back, the display had gone blank while playing games suddenly(note that I run the games at 1440P) and it was unable to boot into Windows. I had given for repairs at the MSI Service Center but they just replaced the Thermal Compound and returned it to me, it worked thereafter and now all of a sudden similar issue but sometimes Windows boots with lowest resolution like I said in the first thread and sometimes it doesn't.

I thank you for your support.

Last edited:

aqibkurawle

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2016
Ok, so I have re-applied thermal paste. Still having the same issue.
The display stays at 1440p resolution on the Windows welcome screen but struggles to keep maintain it with screen flickering and eventually going back to the lowest resolution.
I also uninstalled and then installed the latest nVidia drivers but the issue persist.
Any other suggestions?.