Question Screen goes blank after Boot logo

aqibkurawle

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2016
I am trying to boot my PC. Everything works well until the Boot Logo. After the boot logo, when windows is about to load, the screen goes blank. After a while, the yellow light on the motherboard starts to blink slowly(stays stable for a second then blink).
If I do a restart, it boots but with very low resolution. Device manager says graphics was stopped with code 43.

Specs
Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F Gaming
Graphics Card: MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio
RAM: GSkill Trident Z 8GB x2
PSU: Seasonic 850W platinum

Last edited:

Imperat0r

Proper
Apr 19, 2024
Hello.
Code 43 is when Windows can't load the drivers.
That could be cause by a hardware malfunction or a software glitch.
Would you be so kind and give us a complete system specs?
And how exactly you ended up with this situation?

Reactions: CountMike

aqibkurawle

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2016
My apologies, I have listed the hardware above. Additionally, there are 4 Chassis fans and a Cryorig H7 as the CPU cooler. There are 2 SSD and HDD each connected via SATA 3(no NVME):
SSD: Sandisk Ultra 1TB and Samsung 870 EVO 1TB
HDD: WD Blue 1TB and ST Electronics 160GB

You can also refer this link for the complete build info https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Njrs4M

One more update, I swapped the graphics card with an old MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X and the system works just fine. I am in the process of replacing the thermal compound on the 2070 Super. I am suspecting the 2070 Super to have a hardware issue.

Few months back, the display had gone blank while playing games suddenly(note that I run the games at 1440P) and it was unable to boot into Windows. I had given for repairs at the MSI Service Center but they just replaced the Thermal Compound and returned it to me, it worked thereafter and now all of a sudden similar issue but sometimes Windows boots with lowest resolution like I said in the first thread and sometimes it doesn't.

I thank you for your support.

Last edited: