Question Screen Keeps going black crashing blender

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 5, 2020
I recently ran into an issue with my GPU which has hindered my work. My two monitors go black for a few seconds, and then come back. However, it closes Blender, a 3D modeling software, causes Roblox Studio (yes I make roblox game) to go to a white screen. It can also cause Chrome to go white, which is easily fixed with just opening a private tab. This has also caused the pc to blue screen entirely, which has only happened twice. I don't remember the exact message, but it was something to do with the video.
System Info:
CPU - i7-9700
GPU - RTX 2070 Super
Ram - 16 gigs corsair vengeance

I have checked the temperature of the CPU which is about 28 Celsius while not running any programs. The ram sticks are both at about 33 Celsius. I don't get any error message, but Im assuming it's something to do with the GPU as it crashes blender. As well as OpenGL.

May 5, 2020
Did you OC ur CPU or GPU? You might have to increase the voltage on them if you did. Your power supply might be too weak since those are high-end parts. If it's equal to or above 750 Watts then it's fine.

May 5, 2020
I may have, I think I remember doing that when I got the PC first. To be completely honest I don't do a lot of software related stuff, could you post where I can check that. Obv there is differences between bios's but just a basic description would help.

Nov 12, 2020
The exact same thing has happened to me twice now in the past couple weeks, I was using blender and then my screens flash and come back to a closed blender and my Unity screen is bank. Chrome also went blank. I thought it was my old GTX 970 acting up but I see it happens with your 2070. Not sure what it could be now

Status
Not open for further replies.