Question Screen randomly goes black on my new desktop.

Nov 30, 2022
I've bought a new gaming computer recently and I've been suffering of random black screens when I play games. I also suffer from black screens when i turn on/off my speaker.

I've tried using my laptop on the monitor and when I turn on/off the speaker my screen does not go black. Only on my Desktop. Also, sometimes my keyboard (On the desktop) resets as well when I turn on/off the speaker.

I'm certain the speaker does not interfere with my monitor but with my desktop directly. As to what it iterferes with, I don't know.

My desktop also gets random 1/2 second black screens during gaming from time to time (This happened twice in 5 days). My computer is connected to a 1440p 165hz monitor through the use of a hdmi 2.0b cable. I only run the computer on 1440p and 144hz.
When I get these black screens. I continue to hear sounds from games or other things. So my computer does not freeze.

Currently I've ordered a hdmi 2.1 cable to see if this will fix things, but in the meantime I'd like to receive suggestions as to what the source of this problem might be.

I use ethernet and don't use wifi.

Here are my specs:

Intel I7-13700K
Nvidia Geforce RTX 4080 16 Gb - Gigabyte Eagle
Corsair RM1000x Gold

I can provide additional information, if required.

Nov 30, 2022
name and model of this monitor .

MSI Optix G273QF - QHD IPS 165Hz Gaming Monitor - 27 Inch.

Also on a side note. I've been experimenting and I've realised the speaker or a speaker cable is interfering with the hdmi cable (I think). My hdmi cable is resting on a steel beam. and this steel beam may have been affected by the speaker or the speaker power cable. I've tried to reproduce this by trying the same cable on my laptop and the screen went black. I've now moved my hdmi cable to elsewhere so that it doesn't rest on steel but on wood instead and I've made sure both the speaker cable and hdmi cable are apart.

Now my screen doesn't go black anymore when I turn on/off my speaker.

However, my keyboard does still sometimes reset when I turn on/off my speaker and I don't know if this solves the black screen issues while in game.