Screen size

Stephen

Hello,
I currently have a NEC Accusync 120 21 inch monitor.When playing Battlefield
the game image will not fill the screen. I have tried different resolutions
to no avail.Is there a option, or tool to allow me to play the game, making
full use of my monitor screen?

thank you
Stephen

"Stephen" <quitim@zipdeedoda.net> wrote in message
> Hello,
> I currently have a NEC Accusync 120 21 inch monitor.When playing
Battlefield
> the game image will not fill the screen. I have tried different
resolutions
> to no avail.Is there a option, or tool to allow me to play the game,
making
> full use of my monitor screen?
>
> thank you
> Stephen

have you tried the screens own settings to fit the picture to the screen, i
had to that to one game i had

Stephen

Thanks for the reply! Yes I have done that, but I have to keep resetting my
monitor after I finish playing. I was hoping to avoid that. Thanks for the
tip

> Thanks for the reply! Yes I have done that, but I have to keep resetting
my
> monitor after I finish playing. I was hoping to avoid that. Thanks for the
> tip

in video.con there is an option to allow or disallow refresh rates other
than 60Hz. bf42 defaults to 60Hz but your desktop is probably refreshing
much higher than that [probably around 100Hz] - i found that [for example]
1280x1024@60Hz would be a different on screen size to 1280x1024@85Hz on
iiyama vm410pro

dr ratt

Stephen

Thanks, dr ratt, and Me,Myself. I did as Me,Myself suggested, by streaching
my screen while in the game. I thought I had already tried that! and, I
would have to always reset my desktop, once i excited the game, but this
time my desktop stayed true.
thanks
stephen

> Thanks, dr ratt, and Me,Myself. I did as Me,Myself suggested, by
streaching
> my screen while in the game. I thought I had already tried that! and, I
> would have to always reset my desktop, once i excited the game, but this
> time my desktop stayed true.
> thanks
> stephen

Glad you got it sorted mate,

<422f2556$0$32618$db0fefd9@news.zen.co.uk>, spamsum1else@zen.co.uk said...

> "Stephen" <quitim@zipdeedoda.net> wrote in message
> > Thanks for the reply! Yes I have done that, but I have to keep resetting
> my
> > monitor after I finish playing. I was hoping to avoid that. Thanks for the
> > tip
>
> in video.con there is an option to allow or disallow refresh rates other
> than 60Hz. bf42 defaults to 60Hz but your desktop is probably refreshing
> much higher than that [probably around 100Hz] - i found that [for example]
> 1280x1024@60Hz would be a different on screen size to 1280x1024@85Hz on
> iiyama vm410pro

It is in(or can be added to) videodefault.con in settings-folder. The variable
is: renderer.allowAllRefreshRates 1.
Try to set the game resolution to the same res/refresh-rate as your desktop.
--
Lansenerd
www.agbgaming.com