Question Screen tearing when both GPUs are enabled - Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3

Oct 25, 2023
Hi, i recently bought a Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3.
When I play PayDay 2 (it applies to many other games), there's a quite visible screen tearing. This problem has also been mentioned in another post and the kind of screen tearing showed in the clip is identical to mine. When I disable the Intel UHD Graphics from the Device Mananger, this problem goes away. I've already tried updating drivers, enabling VSync and tweaking some settings in the Nvidia control panel. What should I do?

Reactions: Order 66

Order 66

Grand Moff
Apr 13, 2023
Hi, i recently bought a Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3.
When I play PayDay 2 (it applies to many other games), there's a quite visible screen tearing. This problem has also been mentioned in another post and the kind of screen tearing showed in the clip is identical to mine. When I disable the Intel UHD Graphics from the Device Mananger, this problem goes away. I've already tried updating drivers, enabling VSync and tweaking some settings in the Nvidia control panel. What should I do?
Is G-sync enabled?

Oct 25, 2023
New update, when a game is started in windowed mode the screen tearing disappears. Also starting the game in full screen on a secondary monitor fixes it. I think it might be because the first monitor ( the laptop one, where the screen tearing is present) is managed by the integrated graphics. Disabling it solves the issue because the dedicated card takes over. I'd still like to fix this issue though..

Last edited:

Order 66

Grand Moff
Apr 13, 2023
I don't have the option to enable it.
Strange, I would uninstall the drivers using DDU and reinstall the latest version. The whole point of Freesync and G-sync is to eliminate screen tearing. Not having it enabled could easily lead to screen tearing, especially if the frame rate of the game is well above the refresh rate of the monitor. You could also enable V-sync ingame, but this isn't ideal since you will be locked to the monitor's refresh rate.