Question Screen went black with backlight? Restarted monitor and it goes fine again?

ceejay7

Reputable
Feb 4, 2019
I had this unexpected black screen with backlight for seconds when I was just surfing on the web. I still can hear some music from YouTube.
I tried to restart the monitor and it's fine again.
Event viewer didn't said anything recent. Fortunately there weren't any "amdkmdap" errors on the event viewer section because that can indicate a dying gpu like what happened on my old laptop that I had 6 years uncleaned.

I wanted to know what was the cause of the problem please. I hope it's just a faulty cable.

AMD RX 5700 XT (20.2.2) drivers
HKC M24G3F 144hz @60FPS 1080p

Tried to run Superposition benchmark to try a bit of stress with the gpu. I didn't had any black screens.

I can tell that it doesn't have any problems with my gpu because restarting the monitor fixed it. I think it has something to do with the monitor or the cable but I'd rather to hear from an expert.

fortunately there weren't any "amdkmdap" errors on the event viewer section.

Edit: No black screens happened while I was just listening to music on YouTube while reviewing lessons for my exam.

Last edited:

ceejay7

Reputable
Feb 4, 2019
anyone? it happend again today. No artifacts happened before the black screen with backlight. Restarted the monitor and it was fine again. No errors on event viewer and on desktop. I'm hoping this is just a driver issue.

Last edited: