[SOLVED] Screwed up my windows store apps

Fredin

Reputable
Apr 5, 2019
So i literally screwed up my windows store apps.

This happened while i was messing with the permissions of 'windowsapps' folder.

This'd happened before and I'd managed to fix it by resetting the permissions using the following code

icacls "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps" /reset /t /c /q

Now, it just sits there and does nothing, like it just dosen't show anything and it never stops, just accepts the code and sits there(if you know what i mean).

I also tried manually changing the owner to Trusted Installer but it didn't fix anything.

Any possible fix?

I really don't wanna reinstall windows.

Solution
D
the fact that you had to mess with permissions in the first place was probably the root cause. I suggest to back up your data and do a Clean install

resetting windows is next to useless as well. hardly ever worked for me in all my experience.

messing with permissions can have some dire consequences as you can see, but your windows install is hosed.
D

Deleted member 14196

the fact that you had to mess with permissions in the first place was probably the root cause. I suggest to back up your data and do a Clean install

resetting windows is next to useless as well. hardly ever worked for me in all my experience.

messing with permissions can have some dire consequences as you can see, but your windows install is hosed.

Solution

Fredin

Reputable
Apr 5, 2019

Doing a clean install would be a nightmare, I have tons of apps installed and a lot of <Mod Edit> set up.

I do have a restore point, maybe I'll try that.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 14196

i hope it helps you. I've never really had good luck with it. I use Macrium Reflect to keep all backed up.... ahhhh and all my stuff is also in the cloud.

sorry if it don't work for you, you will then need to do a clean install