Question Screws dont reach

Nov 19, 2022
I have a cooler master MasterLiquid ML240L and strix b550g gaming (wi-fi) and i cannot figure out why the cooler wont fit on. It is like the screws that are connecting the panel on the back to the cooler itself are too short and dont even reach the cooler.

I have a cooler master MasterLiquid ML240L and strix b550g gaming (wi-fi) and i cannot figure out why the cooler wont fit on. It is like the screws that are connecting the panel on the back to the cooler itself are too short and dont even reach the cooler.
You shouldn't need screws to attach the pump onto the socket of an AM4 board. It uses clips to attach to the plastic brackets that come pre-installed on every motherboard. If you removed them use the sames screws the motherboard mfr used to screw into the backplate on the underside of the board to reattach them. It may have fallen away from the board so may not reach: you'll have to get to the backside of the motherboard, locate the backplate and position it so the posts go through the holes in the board around the socket. Be absolutely sure to also use the insulator between the backplate and the motherboard.

You attach a couple of brackets with the screw-down clips to the ML240 pump. Use screws that come with the AIO kit, they're small but should reach. Be sure to attach the brackets to the correct side of the pump flange. Look at the pictures in the instructions.

Last edited: