Question Screws won't fit into motherboard shroud to screw into standoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidawesomea

Reputable
Jan 11, 2018
I have the Pure Base 500DX case and the NZXT N7 Z490 motherboard and I'm trying to install the motherboard but the screws aren't fitting through the shroud that's on the motherboard.

The problem is that the screws fit perfectly when screwed directly into the standoffs and they fit just as well when screwed in at the top of the motherboard where there is no shroud. The problem arises when I try to fit them into the holes in the shroud in the other four screw slots, the top of the screws are too wide and they won't go down through the holes to be screwed in.

The screws I'm using that are included with the case say they are 6#32 screws and I called NZXT support to ask about it but they said that generally screws should be universal and that there shouldn't be a problem. NZXT support said that the screws they use are 6-32x5mm so I'm not sure if mine are slightly different or something but they aren't going in. I did also try removing the top of the shroud on the motherboard but it's just as tight below so it still doesn't work.

Any help would be very appreciated, I might just be dumb and there's something simple that I'm not doing but I can't get it to work :/

Status
Not open for further replies.