Question Scuffed speaker sound until I replug the 3.5mm jack?

Evolutiondag

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2016
Hello, I'm not really sure whether this is a software problem or a hardware problem.

My speakers are connected to my PC with a 3.5 to 3.5 jack. Lately I've been having this problem where whenever I start my PC, the sound from the speakers is kind of scuffed like in the video. But for some reason, it always fixes it if I just pull the jack out of my PC and put it back in and then the sound is fine until I turn the PC off and then the cycle restarts? The sound is fine if I'm using headphones or even my monitor, it's only the speakers, and it's just such a nuisance to have to remember to pull the jack out and replug it after every boot.

The sound when I start my PC and it is weird -
View: https://youtube.com/shorts/Os4bAcSNAxE?feature=share

The sound turning normal after I unplug the 3.5m in my PC and replug it instantly -
View: https://youtube.com/shorts/n4mcHOdlbLw?feature=share

The other video shows the sound back to normal

Evolutiondag

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2016
hello,
It seems like you're experiencing an issue with your speakers when connected to your PC using a 3.5mm jack. The problem you described, where the sound is scuffed or distorted when you start your PC but gets fixed when you reinsert the jack, could be related to a PayMyDoctor Login loose connection or a driver/software issue.
some troubleshooting steps you can try:

Check the connection: Make sure the 3.5mm jack is securely plugged into both your PC and the speakers. Sometimes a loose connection can cause audio issues.

Test with a different cable: Try using a different 3.5mm cable to connect your speakers to your PC. The issue could be with the cable itself, so testing with a new one can help determine if that's the case.

Update audio drivers: Ensure that your PC's audio drivers are up to date. You can usually find the latest drivers on the manufacturer's website or through Windows Update. Updating the drivers may resolve any compatibility issues causing the problem.

Try a different audio port: If your PC has multiple audio ports, such as front and rear ports, try connecting the speakers to a different port. This can help determine if the issue is specific to one particular port.

Adjust audio settings: Open the sound settings on your PC and check the audio configuration. Ensure that the correct playback device (speakers) is selected as the default output device.

Test with different speakers: If possible, try connecting different speakers to your PC and see if the issue persists. This can help determine if the problem is specific to your speakers or if it's related to your PC's audio settings or hardware.

If none of these steps resolve the issue, it may be worth contacting the manufacturer of your speakers or seeking assistance from a computer technician who can further diagnose the problem.
Hi,

I appreciate your reply, but this seems to have been generated by an AI which hasn't actually taken into account the details I have provided.

I noticed a buzzing sound on my speakers once and it was caused by myself as i had moved my pc to do a dust hunt , its suprising how little a jack plug has to move to stop it working properly.

PayMyDoctor ...... what is this ????? out of curiousity i tried to look at the site but my antivirus would not let the web page open , it reported danger of data leakage.

Jan 25, 2023
I had very similar issues like you're describing however mine had two causes. First was the plug/socket. I purchased, "Deoxit Gold," liquid and applied it to the plug. The second issue was with the volume knob on the main speakers. Turning it off and on several dozen times resolved it. However, I eventually took it apart and just hotwired the potentiometer for full volume. no more issues. I hope this helps!