Question SD Card Read By Card Reader But Not By Phone - How Do I Transfer Files?

Dec 11, 2019
Hi all,

My SD Card I use in my phone appears to be corrupted, and is no longer recognised by my phone, or any other phone. HOWEVER, when I take it out and put it into a card reader, connected to my PC it CAN now read the files, BUT I CANNOT copy or transfer all files from the card reader to my PC, only some of them.

I CAN play the videos through the card reader connected to my computer, just can't copy all of them.

I have transferred all the ones I can, but how do I transfer the ones which cannot copy? Remember, I can still watch them on my PC I just can't copy them.

I ran a chkdsk on the card and my PC tells me there are no errors!!!

Hopefully this makes sense?

Thanks

Dec 11, 2019
It starts copying, then freezes after it has copied anywhere from 5% to 80% of the file. The only way to reset it is to physically pull the USB out of the computer.

Dec 11, 2019
Some files are pictures so 500kb to 3Mb, and some files a videos up to 1.5GB. In other words, a whole range of sizes. I can't check task manager when it freezes up, as the whole computer gets frozen. Only pulling the USB connection out then putting it back in resets it.

TRENDING THREADS