[SOLVED] Seagate 1tb Drive Not Seen by Disk Management

alfarom

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011
I've got a Seagate 1tb Laptop Drive in. I thought it was failing and have recovered the user data by cloning it to another drive using HDDSuperClone Pro a Linux based cloner and data recovery tool. I was then able to run GetDataBack for NTFS in Windows and recover all the data.
The problem is that the drive while visible to DR programs and utilities like HDTune and Victoria, the PC Bios and Device Manager isn't available in things like Diskpart or Disk Management. Testing it with HDTune and Victoria hasn't shown any problems butI'm going to replace it anyway with an SSD but it would be nice if I could find a way of getting it formatted in NTFS and seen in Windows.
The same problem is affecting the cloned drive which is weird.
Any ideas?

Solution
Managed to sort it by running the Hard Disk Low Level Format Tool from HDDGuru. I could then initialise it in Disk Management and format it. Drive was failing but I was able to sort out the good disk I cloned to using this method..

alfarom

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011
Managed to sort it by running the Hard Disk Low Level Format Tool from HDDGuru. I could then initialise it in Disk Management and format it. Drive was failing but I was able to sort out the good disk I cloned to using this method..

Solution