Question Seagate 2tb firecuda no longer usable, appears as 0 gb in bios not useable in windows can't initialize

playzxbox

Reputable
Apr 22, 2018
A week ago my computer booted up normally however my desktop was blank and I was greeted with a message saying location not available, upon restarting my computer everything was working as it should. Every day this got progressively worse taking more restarts for my computer to read the drive until today where it's currently been 6 hours and it still won't read it. The drive is readable in my bios however but for useable space it says 0.0gb instead of 2000gb, in windows I still get the same startup message, the hdd is not visible itself in this pc while all my other drives are. Disk management displays it as disk 1 instead of drive f says unknown for space and not initialized, I can't initialize the disk into GBT or MBR and am instead given one of two error messages anytime I try to do it. I have tried swapping the sata cables and power cables with my other drives nothing works. The HDD itself spins like it's supposed to no grinding popping beeping or weird noises in general. Any partition or recovery media I use detects it as disk 1 but again doesn't detect any data partitions or anything like that. So I'm at a loss with what to do, is my drive itself ruined I have a lot of important data on it that I want to copy over to my new hard drive once it arrives? In the days leading up today I did various smart tests and used hard disk sentinel and there were no read or write issues and both the health and performance were at 100%. Is there any other fixes I can do to try to find the issue? I've had the drive itself for only a year and half and without any issues until this week. Attaching various screenshots

playzxbox

Reputable
Apr 22, 2018
important data with no backup?
I figured I wouldn't need to back up the data with how new the drive is, most of the data I'm fine with losing if that has to be the case. The family photos and memories I have however If there's a chance to keep them I want to. Is my drive dead or is it a different problem?

USAFRet

Titan
I figured I wouldn't need to back up the data with how new the drive is, most of the data I'm fine with losing if that has to be the case. The family photos and memories I have however If there's a chance to keep them I want to. Is my drive dead or is it a different problem?
I had a drive die at 5 weeks off the store shelf.
3TB WD.
They can die at any time.

What you've posted for your drive dow not look good.

Sep 16, 2021
I am having the same issue. It’s a firecuda 520 and seems to be dead, bios reports it as 0GB. It is my boot drive which is fortunate in that there’s nothing consequential on it but unfortunate in that it’s going to be a pain to replace. Unreal, the drive is less than a year old…

TRENDING THREADS