Seagate Backup Plus

Krishanu Khatri

Honorable
Sep 21, 2013
I have purchased my 1tb hdd last month. i worked fine.
few days back i had given it to my friend and now it is not being detected.
no light is coming but i can still feel the drive spinning.
i have tried changing cable...the problem persists.
please tell me how to solve this problem or else i have to go for replacement.

Solution
The activity light not working even though the drive is spinning up most probably means the PCB bridge-chip inside the enclosure is faulty or there's another electronics-related problem somewhere inside it.

Experience has taught me to stay away from Seagate external drives owing to the short lifespan I've experienced with all three that I bought last year (all now resigned to the scrap bin). Now I only buy WD models. I have four WD externals, all still giving excellent service after four years. It should be noted that I never let anyone borrow them!
The activity light not working even though the drive is spinning up most probably means the PCB bridge-chip inside the enclosure is faulty or there's another electronics-related problem somewhere inside it.

Experience has taught me to stay away from Seagate external drives owing to the short lifespan I've experienced with all three that I bought last year (all now resigned to the scrap bin). Now I only buy WD models. I have four WD externals, all still giving excellent service after four years. It should be noted that I never let anyone borrow them!

Solution

Krishanu Khatri

Honorable
Sep 21, 2013

thanx for the prompt response :)
i want to know one more thing..
is my hdd still under warranty..??