• Pardon our dust as we work on some regularly scheduled forum maintenance. You may notice some missing features during this time. Thank you for your patience!

Question Seagate GoFlex External Drive not functional

Jul 22, 2019
I have a GoFlex network drive with GoFlex home drive dock and ADP AC Adapter WA-18Q12R INPUT 100-240V~50-60Hz 0.5A Max Output 12V---1.5A. I have been using the drive for over 7-8 years as storage and playing my audio, video files. Since last 7 days the drive is not showing on the TV screen as a connected device, also the lights displayed on the home drive dock is very dim.
I checked the ADP AC Adapter WA-18Q12R and all connecting cables too and got a replacement, even after that the status is unchanged.
However, when I connect with the adapter it gives a start bright light. How do I make my drive functional again.

Lutfij

Titan
It's possible that the drive might have expired. You can try and connect the setup onto a donor system or you could try and connect the drive to a desktop platform and see if the drive shows up in BIOS for your donor system.

Jul 22, 2019
It's possible that the drive might have expired. You can try and connect the setup onto a donor system or you could try and connect the drive to a desktop platform and see if the drive shows up in BIOS for your donor system.
Thanks good suggestion I would try once I get the power adapter. Will keep you posted

You can obtain a diagnostic report via the drive's terminal report. There is plenty of info at hddoracle.com. You will need a USB-serial adapter ($5). Depending on the drive model, there may be a DIY solution. Don't issue any terminal commands to the drive until someone examines your terminal report. The wrong command can be data destructive.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts