Question Seagate GoFlex External Drive not functional

Jul 22, 2019
I have a GoFlex network drive with GoFlex home drive dock and ADP AC Adapter WA-18Q12R INPUT 100-240V~50-60Hz 0.5A Max Output 12V---1.5A. I have been using the drive for over 7-8 years as storage and playing my audio, video files. Since last 7 days the drive is not showing on the TV screen as a connected device, also the lights displayed on the home drive dock is very dim.
I checked the ADP AC Adapter WA-18Q12R and all connecting cables too and got a replacement, even after that the status is unchanged.
However, when I connect with the adapter it gives a start bright light. How do I make my drive functional again.

Jul 22, 2019
It's possible that the drive might have expired. You can try and connect the setup onto a donor system or you could try and connect the drive to a desktop platform and see if the drive shows up in BIOS for your donor system.
Thanks good suggestion I would try once I get the power adapter. Will keep you posted

You can obtain a diagnostic report via the drive's terminal report. There is plenty of info at hddoracle.com. You will need a USB-serial adapter ($5). Depending on the drive model, there may be a DIY solution. Don't issue any terminal commands to the drive until someone examines your terminal report. The wrong command can be data destructive.