Seagate GoFlex Not Detecting!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ravanan Gee

Reputable
Nov 18, 2015
Hi,, I recently got updated to Windows 10.This led to the Non Working of my Old 2TB GoFlex Desk by SeaGate..Upon their advice I downgraded to Windows 7.

Still in Windows 7,The GoFlex Desk is not detected..

There is no Light blinking but still I can hear the Disk booting and the Platters running sound..

When asked with Seagate Online ,the final answer is Undisclosable Registry settings is needed to run the drive..

May i know what will be those Registry Settings?

The Same GoFlex Desk is working fine with Other PC's running Windows 7,8 & 8.1..

Please help me to know what are those needed..

All the USB 3.0 Ports (Front & Back) works fine,All the Drivers are kept up to date.
External HDD is not detected in BIOS,or Device Manager...

But The other External Drives I've like BackUp Plus or WD My Passport works like Charm..

Please kindly help me to resolve this issue!!

Hey there, Ravanan.

This sounds like a really odd issue indeed. I really don't know what registry setting would affect just this drive. I'd recommend that you backup any important which you might have on it, as this is a standard procedure. After that go ahead and download the manufacturer's diagnostics tool and test the drive to make sure that it is indeed OK. I'd normally recommend that you try uninstalling the drive from Device Manager and then reconnect it so that Windows can install its drivers again, but as you've mentioned that your BIOS doesn't detect it as well, the issue must lie somewhere else. Try resetting/updating your BIOS to see if that changes anything.

Please let me know how everything goes.
Boogieman_WD

Ravanan Gee

Reputable
Nov 18, 2015

Thanks,,Yes
After reading yours I upgraded my Bios to the Latest Version ,,Nothing Happened .Not even in BIOS it pops up!!

THe Mystery is It can detect my BackPlus 4TB but I don't know what prevents the 2TB GoFlex Desk to Run in my PC alone..

It works well in other PC 's I mean My Friend's or My Office one..!!

I use the SeaTools to detect the drive.But it detects only the Internal , My 4TB BckUp Plus or WD Passport..This is not detected,my 2TB GoFlex Drive...

I upgraded all to the latest Version and I followed the way you told too!! Still No Use!!
Any Hidden tools??

I really can't wrap my head around what might be wrong here, considering that nothing points to a faulty cable or drive and in the same time apparently the computer has no issues with two completely different external HDDs. You might try to get in touch with the HDD manufacturer's customer support and ask for a better explanation regarding this registry setting. Although.. the root cause for the OS not being able to detect the drive is most likely because the mobo doesn't "see" it at all. You could also contact the motherboard's customer support, to see if they have something to say about that.
As for different tools, not really, but you can try accessing the drive via Ubuntu Live USB/DVD (this is basically a bootable, freeware, portable version of Linux) on that computer, to see if you have any luck with it.

Please keep me posted.

Apr 15, 2019
What finally worked for me: I switched goflex and blue tooth adapter PC ports. No luck. then switched them back to their original ports & the goflex magically was working. Perhaps the blue tooth adapter "woke up" :p the goflex's original usb port on my pc.

Status
Not open for further replies.