[SOLVED] Seagate Seatools GUI only shows 1 Firecuda 530 drive ?

dylanlaw79

Reputable
Apr 7, 2018
Hi all, I recently purchased a pair of 1tb Firecuda 530 NVME SSDs for my system to replace 2 smaller Samsung 970s on my Gigabyte Auros Master X570 (rev 1.2) mainboard with a Ryzen 9 5900x installed but the Seatools GUI software only displays a single drive and does not detect the 2nd one no matter what I do.

Both drives are working fine in Windows 11 Pro, using 1 as a boot drive and 1 to house & run my games from so no fault with the drives. The Samsung Magician Software would correctly show both Samsung drives when installed so think the issue must be the Seagate software. I have tried the 2 NVMEs in all 3 of the M.2 slots on the board but currently have them fitted in slots 1 & 3 as slot 2 sits directly under the GPU.

Has anyone else had a similar issue with Seatools if running 2 identical Seagate drives? Cannot find anything online about it and the Seagate Support site is a bit flaky at best, seems really hard to find relevant info on there

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Could you please check and see what your BIOS version for your motherboard is at the time of writing? If the drives show up in BIOS and operate without any hiccups(sans the blip on their own app) then you should chalk that up to the app being buggy. Do you have any drives populating SATA ports 4 and 5?

but currently have them fitted in slots 1 & 3 as slot 2 sits directly under the GPU.
Could you mention which slots you've used, with respect to M2_A, M2_B and M2_C? So, M2_A and M2_C? Also with Seagate's tool, can you see if you can work with each SSD standalone and see if they have any firmware updates pending?

dylanlaw79

Reputable
Apr 7, 2018
Could you please check and see what your BIOS version for your motherboard is at the time of writing? If the drives show up in BIOS and operate without any hiccups(sans the blip on their own app) then you should chalk that up to the app being buggy. Do you have any drives populating SATA ports 4 and 5?

but currently have them fitted in slots 1 & 3 as slot 2 sits directly under the GPU.
Could you mention which slots you've used, with respect to M2_A, M2_B and M2_C? So, M2_A and M2_C? Also with Seagate's tool, can you see if you can work with each SSD standalone and see if they have any firmware updates pending?

Thanks for responding. I am running the latest BIOS F35e but had the same on F34. Both drives show up perfectly fine in the BIOS and are working correctly in Windows which leads me to believe it is more likely the Seagate software.

I have them located in M2_A and M2_C. I've not tested them individually yet, will give it a try when I finish work today and see if there are any FW updates at all