Question Searching for a free software to manage household accounts. Bills, income, pending payments...

psaez84

Honorable
Jan 8, 2018
Hello everyone, do you know any free software to manage household accounts? Bills, income, pending payments...

It has to be super simple, for elderly people, around 80 years old.

It also has to be free and open-source.

Thank you!

psaez84

Honorable
Jan 8, 2018
A simple spreadsheet could suffice. Libre Office and OpenOffice can do this. Is that too complex?
well, it's an elder person, so I think libreoffice is discarded, he needs it totally automated and super easy

we already tryed with access or excel and was not possible for him at this moment

USAFRet

Titan
well, it's an elder person, so I think libreoffice is discarded, he needs it totally automated and super easy

we already tryed with access or excel and was not possible for him at this moment
How "automated" does this need to be?

I use Excel/LibreOffice, and with a properly set up worksheet, ALL it needs is for me to type in money amount coming in, and money amount going out.

Keeps a running total of what is in the bank or other account.

kanewolf

Titan

Quicken is $50 / year. It will automatically import bank data including credit cards and investments. Not free, but I find it worth the cost.