Question Second AOI to Break or Leak on Me Looking for Advice

kuzeraj

Commendable
Nov 28, 2017
This has been the second corsair AOI to leak on me or break and I am kinda having enough! The most recent one is Corsair H115i RGB PLATINUM AIO Liquid CPU Cooler,280mm,Dual ML140 PRO RGB PWM Fans,Intel 115x/2066,AMD AM4/TR4. My question is, is there something you guys can recommend that maybe is better quality because corsair doesn't seem to be doing the job. I would like something RGB, I am also aware of the fact that the cooling difference is minimal from AOI to fan cooling so I am taking all suggestions. I am running a 2080ti. Thanks!

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
This is an interesting one.

How did the 2 units break/leak on you?

My question is, is there something you guys can recommend that maybe is better quality because corsair doesn't seem to be doing the job.
You're kinda out of luck here, because the vast majority of the units are manufactured between just 2 companies - the vendors you're familiar with buy, slap their fans on 'em, and rebrand them as their own.
Asetek - round pump heads
Cool IT - square pump heads

kuzeraj

Commendable
Nov 28, 2017
This is an interesting one.

How did the 2 units break/leak on you?

You're kinda out of luck here, because the vast majority of the units are manufactured between just 2 companies - the vendors you're familiar with buy, slap their fans on 'em, and rebrand them as their own.
Asetek - round pump heads
Cool IT - square pump heads
The first one stopped pumping and my CPU over heated then this one is just leaking idk.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Pumps aren't invulnerable: over time, they will either get clogged, or just break down completely. They last between 2-8 years, after which you keep the fans and replace the entire unit.
Most AIOs weren't designed to be serviceable; they are an easy and affordable solution to custom liquid cooling.

Perhaps you mishandled them and didn't realize it?
-Pulling the unit out of the packaging pump-first, or holding it up by said pump?
-Installed the unit with no slack/give in the tubes, aka, overextending?

As for a new unit: again, not too many actual options due to the pump thing I mentioned earlier.
Since the recent Corsair H115i RGB Platinum was Cool IT make, perhaps try an Asetek model?
NZXT Kraken X63
Corsair H115i Pro
Fractal Design Celsius+ S28 Dynamic X2
Fractal Design Celsius+ S28 Prisma ARGB

There's also Arctic's recently launched Liquid Freezer 2, but no one could really comment on it's longevity, due to how new it is.

kuzeraj

Commendable
Nov 28, 2017
Pumps aren't invulnerable: over time, they will either get clogged, or just break down completely. They last between 2-8 years, after which you keep the fans and replace the entire unit.
Most AIOs weren't designed to be serviceable; they are an easy and affordable solution to custom liquid cooling.

Perhaps you mishandled them and didn't realize it?
-Pulling the unit out of the packaging pump-first, or holding it up by said pump?
-Installed the unit with no slack/give in the tubes, aka, overextending?

As for a new unit: again, not too many actual options due to the pump thing I mentioned earlier.
Since the recent Corsair H115i RGB Platinum was Cool IT make, perhaps try an Asetek model?
NZXT Kraken X63
Corsair H115i Pro

There's also Arctic's recently launched Liquid Freezer 2, but no one could really comment on it's longevity, due to how new it is.
I dont think I handled it bad its only like 2 months old. So do you recommend getting another AIO or getting a pump and running the tubes myself? Or just getting a fan cooler?

kuzeraj

Commendable
Nov 28, 2017
I
You're still covered by Corsair's warranty then. RMA it.

I'm interested in trying an AIO myself, so I won't say to ditch liquid coolers entirely - I'm waiting for stock to refill and prices to calm the hell down.
In order to RMA it I have to send it to them that will take years I cant be without a computer.

So just where is the leak coming from.
Is it on the pump /hoses / rad.
On some of the older corsair models it is pretty easy to screw a fan screw into the rad fins and close to the actual rad tubes.
Most of the newer models have been redisigned where the fan screw will bottom out on a piece of flat metal that sits between the rad frame and the fins.
I should be knocking on wood alot LOL
As i have never had 1 leak yet.
H60
H80i
H100IV2
2x h110i's
The 100 and 110s on on ryzen system now.

kuzeraj

Commendable
Nov 28, 2017
So just where is the leak coming from.
Is it on the pump /hoses / rad.
On some of the older corsair models it is pretty easy to screw a fan screw into the rad fins and close to the actual rad tubes.
Most of the newer models have been redisigned where the fan screw will bottom out on a piece of flat metal that sits between the rad frame and the fins.
I should be knocking on wood alot LOL
As i have never had 1 leak yet.
H60
H80i
H100IV2
2x h110i's
The 100 and 110s on on ryzen system now.
I am not sure I think tubes.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
9900K, O11 Dynamic...
Yeah, get another liquid cooler.

280mm
NZXT Kraken X63
Corsair H115i Pro
Arctic Liquid Freezer 2

360mm
NZXT Kraken X73
Corsair H150i Pro
Cooler Master ML360R
Fractal Design Celsius S36
Fractal Design Celsius+ S36 Dynamic X2
Fractal Desing Celsius+ S36 Prisma ARGB
Arctic Liquid Freezer 2

With the exception of the Arctic models, which is their own design, the others are all Asetek.

kuzeraj

Commendable
Nov 28, 2017
9900K, O11 Dynamic...
Yeah, get another liquid cooler.

280mm
NZXT Kraken X63
Corsair H115i Pro
Arctic Liquid Freezer 2

360mm
NZXT Kraken X73
Corsair H150i Pro
Cooler Master ML360R
Fractal Design Celsius S36
Fractal Design Celsius+ S36 Dynamic X2
Fractal Desing Celsius+ S36 Prisma ARGB
Arctic Liquid Freezer 2

With the exception of the Arctic models, which is their own design, the others are all Asetek.
Specific recommendation you can make? Your favorite? 360 or 280? Money is no problem here.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I don't have one at the moment, as I'm trying to wait for the market to stabilize. I'll be asking for a recommendation later myself.
Plus, I'll be looking for a model that has next to no RGB, which probably isn't your cpu of tea, considering your previous AIO.

kuzeraj

Commendable
Nov 28, 2017
I don't have one at the moment, as I'm trying to wait for the market to stabilize. I'll be asking for a recommendation later myself.
Plus, I'll be looking for a model that has next to no RGB, which probably isn't your cpu of tea, considering your previous AIO.
What about if you had no choice but to get an RGB Cooler right now which would you go for?

I myself like the corsar's.
As you have read I have had a few.
And have been carried over from my previous Amd Fx builds
1 of my H110I'S has been in operation since may of 2016.
I have upgraded the fans on all 3 units
2x h110i's 2x140mm and a h100iv2 2x120mm
To the noctua ippc 3000rpm fans so none of the coolers have rgb on them but you can set the pump head logo color and change that color automatically if you set it up to change with your water temp.
The newer units pump head have come a little farther into the rgb as to bling effects.

Maybe this could help.

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-cpu-coolers,4181-2.html

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I will have to be headed down the same road but hopefully not to soon keeping my fingers X on the 4 yrs old.
I want performance Not bling.
I want to get one just to build some experience; to say that I've actually used one before.
Plus, my curiosity gets the better of me. It did that with X299 - I killed 2 birds with one stone:
I was able to satisfy my curiosity of the HEDT platform, as well as learn never to be an early adopter ever again...