Question Second Default Audio Device - How to Set

Feb 11, 2019
I am curious to know if there is a way to set a primary default audio device in Windows 10, followed by a secondary. I would like my Bluetooth Sony Soundbar to be my primary default, but to have Windows 10 know that when I turn on my Arctis Pro Wireless headphones, that I want to use those, and switch over on it's own. Then, when I turn off the headset after I'm done gaming or what have you, to return to the Sony Soundbar. I wasn't able to find any help on the interwebs, and neither the sound options in Windows 10 nor in the Arctis Pro Wireless software engine seem to offer this functionality. But perhaps someone knows of a plug in that sort of conditions an If-Then response on audio devices like, If Wireless Headphones=On, set as default. If Wireless Headphones=Off set default to Sony Soundbar. I know that's not programming language but just to give you the idea. Whenever a condition of a device changes, the system could reassess what to set as the default. Anyone have any ideas?

Feb 11, 2019
How Windows will know that your headset is on? Are they Bluetooth?

Great question, and one I should have addressed in my initial ask.

The headphones run from a wireless 2.4Ghz DAC which is connected via USB to my laptop (although I am investigating the possibility of using them via Bluetooth without the base station for travel, this question only relates to home use with my full docking station setup).

Feb 11, 2019
Of the base dies not disconnect from.the computer when you turn the headset off, there is no way this could happen automatically.

Shucks, that's kind of the answer I was expecting. As far as I know, the DAC remains connected to the computer because it's plugged in via USB, only disconnecting during a full shut down. I think the biggest reason for not turning it off, or having that happen automatically, is that the wireless DAC also charges the spare battery off the USB power feed. Although, the DAC does display the headphone status as connected or disconnected, I don't think it actually disconnects itself from Windows.

In any case, thanks for tackling the question. Much appreciated.