[SOLVED] Second monitor going black when playing sound through it

Status
Not open for further replies.

hornedfrog1220

Reputable
Jul 25, 2018
I'm trying to connect an old laptop to an old tv but when I try to play video and audio through to the tv, the tv goes black and will stay black until I restart the laptop. The display will work fine until I play sound and then the sound will continue to work but the display will not. I cannot figure out what the problem is and I've made sure the drivers are up to date and looked thoroughly through the display settings and nothing I can think to do works. Maybe it's just limitations of them both being old but any help would be appreciated.

Edit: In case anyone wants some specs, the laptop has an intel pentium 2117u cpu with integrated graphics and 6gb of ram, the display resolution is 1336 x 768 and the tv's display is 1920 x 1080

Last edited:
Solution
Make and model of your laptop? Make and model of your TV as well? Might want to see if uninstalling your GPU drivers using DDU and then manually reinstalling the latest drivers on your laptop and see if the issue is alleviated.

Lutfij

Titan
Make and model of your laptop? Make and model of your TV as well? Might want to see if uninstalling your GPU drivers using DDU and then manually reinstalling the latest drivers on your laptop and see if the issue is alleviated.

Solution

hornedfrog1220

Reputable
Jul 25, 2018
Thanks for the reply but I ended up just finding a speaker I had laying around and I can run audio through that instead. I don't really want to spend any more time troubleshooting so the thread can be close whenever.

Status
Not open for further replies.