Question Second Monitor is dim (27GL63T)

Feb 20, 2020
Hi there,

Problem: 2nd Monitor appears quite dim, whites are not white. I can see a substantial difference on the second monitor when I drag a white background screen between the two, one half will appear bright white, the other on the 2nd monitor will be substantially dimmer.

I just purchased two 27GL63T-B monitors from Costco, though they seem to register in Windows as model 27GL650F. I updated the Nvidia Drivers to my Nvidia 1070 card and downloaded LG's display program "OnScreen Control" -- both monitors were reset to factory defaults and my windows display settings were also reset. I double-checked the monitor's brightness and contrast settings and they're both equivalents.

If I unplug the 1st monitor then plugin the second monitor, the second monitor will display "as it should", where whites appear white and the dim effect isn't present. But if I plugin a second monitor, this ultimately comes back. Is there something I am missing, is windows doing something I can disable?

CPU: i7 7700
GPU: Nvidia 1070
Monitor: 27GL63T-B (Registering as 27GL650F)

Feb 20, 2020
What specifically should I be looking for?

Apart from ensuring the cables are plugged in properly and tight fits. Setting wise, also ensured the latest drivers are installed and the system has rebooted.

Is there a feature or configuration I should be looking at for the GPU?