Question Second monitor not working in right resolution

Jan 26, 2021
Im using a laptop with a second monitor but bucause my laptop only has one hdmi output in using a usb a to hdmi adapter it worked fine for 5 moths but after a Windows update is stopped working. I found put that it is working in 1680 X 1050 but my monitor is 1920 x1080. If i change the resolution to 1920 x 1080 it wil dat no signal but in 1680 x 1050 or lower it does work. have tryed everything that i could find but nothing worked like updating my drivers. I even uninstaled that Windows update but stil didnt work. Now i did reset my whole pc and stil not does not work in the right resolution. Does anyone now how to fix this let me know Please.

Commendable
Jan 27, 2021
Did you try using a "known good" (and different) hdmi cable of correct rating?

Yes a bad update could disturb things. But you said you reset everything so maybe that wasn't the problem.

Heat could be though. Make sure your pc fan works. I'm unsure but I think "power saving" and "thermal limiting" can effect graphics modes available in 2021.

Jan 26, 2021
Yes i did try a new cabel and that didnt work and yes i reset it to factory settings but its wierd it happend after aan update but i was planning in redoing my thermal paste this week and cleaning my fans so thanks for that information and i Will let you know of that solved my problem. Thank you for the information i hope it works

Jan 30, 2021
Im using a laptop with a second monitor but bucause my laptop only has one hdmi output in using a usb a to hdmi adapter it worked fine for 5 moths but after a Windows update is stopped working. I found put that it is working in 1680 X 1050 but my monitor is 1920 x1080. If i change the resolution to 1920 x 1080 it wil dat no signal but in 1680 x 1050 or lower it does work. have tryed everything that i could find but nothing worked like updating my drivers. I even uninstaled that Windows update but stil didnt work. Now i did reset my whole pc and stil not does not work in the right resolution. Does anyone now how to fix this let me know Please.
May I ask what GPU your laptop has? AMD/NVIDIA/intel?

Jan 26, 2021
First update to the latest driver package from Nvidia. Then open Nvidia control panel in the change resolution tab under "Display" see what option it gives you.
i did download the lasr driver package but i dont see the display tab
i only see: adjust image setrtings with preview, manage 3D settings and set physX config

Jan 30, 2021
You should have : 3D settings- Display- Video on the left side. check the picture
Untitled.jpg