Question Second nvme would detached if the case mildly move, anybody have this???

Best-Yogurtcloset513

Commendable
Feb 1, 2022
My solution is to simply unplug and re-plug it; this works well enough until my cpu shakes again. It gets annoying because after that, it detaches and I have to repeat my fix. If anyone has a solution, please let me know!

PC SPECS
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D
CPU Cooler: Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE 66.17 CFM CPU Cooler
Thermal Compound: Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut 1 g Thermal Paste
Motherboard: MSI B550-A PRO
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 32 GB DDR4-3600 CL18
Storage: Samsung 990 Pro 1 TB
Storage: ADATA LEGEND 960 MAX 2 TB
Video Card: Sapphire NITRO+ Radeon RX 7900 XTX 24 GB
Case: Asus TUF Gaming GT301
Power Supply: FSP Group Hydro Ti PRO,Gen 5 1000 W 80+ Titanium Certified Fully Modular
Monitor: LG 27GP850-B 27.0" 2560 x 1440 165 Hz Monitor

past problem with this nvme : https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/my-second-m2-drive-wont-get-detected-after-shutdown.3835350/

See this to get an idea of why I had to chisel it. Basically, the yellow thing is so strong that I had to use a chisel to remove the SSD from the heatsink because I had positioned it incorrectly. it was dumb i know but its my first time doing a build and it almost work had it not for the constant brownout.
Probably damaged SSD with your chisel activities.
Knocked off some surface mounted capacitor most likely.

Last edited:

Best-Yogurtcloset513

Commendable
Feb 1, 2022
Probably damaged SSD with your chisel activities.
Knocked off some surface mounted capacitor most likely.
Perhaps, but I verified using the Adata program, which indicated that everything was fine. I also made sure that the NVME was securely glued before making a post. Could I try using tape to ensure that it stays in place? Is that possible?