[SOLVED] Second opinion on rx5600xt

Current system :

i5-3570k @4.7Ghz
16GB Ram
860Watt Corsair psu
7979 gpu
1080p Freesync 1 monitor -75hz Doesn't have display port

-------------------------------------------------------

Looking to get a new pc over the next few months, but overall performance on low graphics has gotten much worse as the game I play gets new content / graphics updates.

Probably 5600x ryzen, maybe A 144hz monitor eventually but I'm not sure if I will splurge on it

-------------------------------------------------------

Feeling that I need a gpu now ish. I don't see the new GPUs being available to be obtainable anytime soon or the pricing is quite high. I'm thinking of picking up one of these

ASUS Strix 5600xt - I could get a bit of a cheaper card, but the 3 year warranty and better cooling is a big plus to me

Or should I reach up there and pick up an rx5700xt? The only one I would consider for the price is a Gigabyte version, but I'm not too crazy about the brand

Gigabyte 5700xt overkill for 1080p 75hz, but in case of 144hz possibility

Looking for some thoughts about this. My thought is that the new GPU lines will be pretty expensive to be considered anyway

Solution
$500 3070 if you're willing to wait and will upgrade to 144hz QHD

3060/5700XT/2070S if you're thinkkgn 1080p 144hz even if it's a monitor upgrade a few months down the line

5600XT is perfect for 75....but if you switch to 144, it'll be slightly underpowered. You'll probably have to run medium-high instead of the very high-ultra possible on the 2070s and equivalents

Brand wise, gigabyte and Asus are both great. I feel like gigabyte is better on the budget models and cheaper end in general and Asus is better on the premium end

Windforce > TUF /dual
Strix> Aorus
Something like this

3060/5700XT/2070S if you're thinkkgn 1080p 144hz even if it's a monitor upgrade a few months down the line

5600XT is perfect for 75....but if you switch to 144, it'll be slightly underpowered. You'll probably have to run medium-high instead of the very high-ultra possible on the 2070s and equivalents

Brand wise, gigabyte and Asus are both great. I feel like gigabyte is better on the budget models and cheaper end in general and Asus is better on the premium end

Windforce > TUF /dual
Strix> Aorus
Something like this

Reactions: cdrkf
Solution

Windforce > TUF /dual
Strix> Aorus
Something like this

Thanks for the input

I live in Canada (the two links I provided follow to canadian website but I should've mentioned it), that 3070 is more like 750-900$ for me. I think I'll stick with the 75hz monitor with a 5600xt,

Reactions: Prad_Bitt
Thanks for the input

I live in Canada (the two links I provided follow to canadian website but I should've mentioned it), that 3070 is more like 750-900$ for me. I think I'll stick with the 75hz monitor with a 5600xt,
That's because it's scalping. Retailers are selling at very high prices due to high demand and low supply. You can wait it out if you want

Reactions: HappyTrails

HappyTrails

Upstanding
Oct 30, 2020
It tough time for us now supplies is short. Maybe suggest 5600 non x if come out and available for less money and try spend more on gpu. It hard to guess performance combinations but I just update and went from 1080p 60mhz to 1440p 144mhz. Its nice but not the is not I expect. RDR2 looks great and 100fps, SOTTR at ultra settings 110fps looks great also this on the 5700xt just to maybe give some reference to your ideas. Its so expensive build pc and have to buy monitor too. Monitors also go out of stock a lot so I buy what I could. It look great I am no expert with monitor reviews said it was pretty good.

Think they mention 6800 and 6700 gpus coming some day. Price and performance maybe good. Availability made me build instead of wait. 2 months ago when I build everybody say to me no wait. Make big guess that it will be difficult to buy nexgen for another 3-4 months maybe at best due to shortages. Sometimes it not pay to play waiting all the times.

It tough time for us now supplies is short. Maybe suggest 5600 non x if come out and available for less money and try spend more on gpu. It hard to guess performance combinations but I just update and went from 1080p 60mhz to 1440p 144mhz. Its nice but not the is not I expect. RDR2 looks great and 100fps, SOTTR at ultra settings 110fps looks great also this on the 5700xt just to maybe give some reference to your ideas. Its so expensive build pc and have to buy monitor too. Monitors also go out of stock a lot so I buy what I could. It look great I am no expert with monitor reviews said it was pretty good.

Think they mention 6800 and 6700 gpus coming some day. Price and performance maybe good. Availability made me build instead of wait. 2 months ago when I build everybody say to me no wait. Make big guess that it will be difficult to buy nexgen for another 3-4 months maybe at best due to shortages. Sometimes it not pay to play waiting all the times.

Just having another look at some reviews and general comparisons, it just looks like the 5700xt should be the minumum card to buy regardless of my 75hz 1080p monitor, reviews show 90-110fps avrg on high graphics (some 150 but majority is around there). Taking that into consideration, 2 years from now it would be good to have that head room. I don't see the prices being lower than 700$ for a 6700 even if there were no shortages, for the first year it's quite the wallet gutter. RTX 3060s will be around 700$ as well, I remember the RTX2060s came out and they were 650$+ in the first wave. I'm also pretty worried signing up for the plagued drivers, but I know that my monitor doesn't seem to recognize nvidia card signal.

I found that you can get a pretty good deals on monitors at BestBuy, especially ACER monitors are good budget/performance and they have 3year warranty.

Reactions: Prad_Bitt
Just having another look at some reviews and general comparisons, it just looks like the 5700xt should be the minumum card to buy regardless of my 75hz 1080p monitor, reviews show 90-110fps avrg on high graphics (some 150 but majority is around there). Taking that into consideration, 2 years from now it would be good to have that head room. I don't see the prices being lower than 700$ for a 6700 even if there were no shortages, for the first year it's quite the wallet gutter. RTX 3060s will be around 700$ as well, I remember the RTX2060s came out and they were 650$+ in the first wave. I'm also pretty worried signing up for the plagued drivers, but I know that my monitor doesn't seem to recognize nvidia card signal.

I found that you can get a pretty good deals on monitors at BestBuy, especially ACER monitors are good budget/performance and they have 3year warranty.
Yeah for monitors I usually only pick a few, BenQ, Asus, LG and Acer