Question Secondary HDD under 100% load after my pc froze and the drive mysteriously dissapeared

Mar 10, 2021
Hello there,
I have a problem with my secondary HDD, it is under 100% load. It happened after my pc suddenly froze when I was just browsing internet. I had to do manual restart. But after I reached desktop, I found out that my secondary HDD is missing, even device manager didnt find it, so I tried checking cables and switching them, still nothing, later I went in Bios, and there were all my HDDs, so I tried to reset Bios to default and it worked, my secondary HDD was working.
But... now I have that 100% load and I dont see anything big in process manager

I also used the SeaTools (official HDD tool for Seagate disks) and I did full repair, it helped a little, but it still runs on 100% almost constantly, and it makes my pc to have a little freezes for like 3-5s very often.
Could you guys please help me, what should I do? It is possible that my HDD is dying, but I don´t know how to be sure

I attached some screenshots from what I found out:

crystaldisk check
task manager 1
task manager 2
chkdsk result

Mar 10, 2021
The drive is failing. It has 1456 relocated sectors (hex 5b0) and 696 pending sectors (hex 2b8).
Backup and replace.
And is it normal that failing HDD goes 95% of the time on 100% load even when idle? Without any visible task that would put it on such load? And this issue happened so suddenly, when I was just browsing net, nothing difficult

And is it normal that failing HDD goes 95% of the time on 100% load even when idle? Without any visible task that would put it on such load?
Seagate DM001 drives had rather high failure rates.

Yes, it's failing. Not functioning properly.
The drive is reading pending sectors over an over, trying to resolve them.

Try HDtune error scan. It will probably look something like this:

26d8-deaddrive.png

USAFRet

Titan
And is it normal that failing HDD goes 95% of the time on 100% load even when idle? Without any visible task that would put it on such load? And this issue happened so suddenly, when I was just browsing net, nothing difficult
Doesn't matter what you were doing with it. Or nothing at all.
The system may have been indexing it, or defragging. Or nothing at all.

In any case, that drive is well on its way to the coffin.

Mar 10, 2021
ok it really appears that my disk is dying, I have it from 2015 so I suppose it is its time, I´m trying to run the HD Tune error scan (normal), but as I cant see any progress for the past 3 hours, I just bought the replacement and began to backup any important data. Thx for help guys