Question Secure boot turned off after bios update

Sep 4, 2024
Hello All,

So I recently update my bios for GA-A320M-S2H-rev-3x
https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-A320M-S2H-rev-3x/support#support-dl-driver
to F7c
and after booting to Windows 11 Pro, the secure boot went off. Tried resetting the bios (software side) and TPM clear and none of it worked. Haven't tried clearing the CMOS (short pin or remove battery).
Anyone else had the same issue?
System info:
Version - 10.0.22631 Build 22631
BIOS Mode - UEFI
Windows Defender Application Control user mode policy - Off

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Ideally, after you've verified that the BIOS was flashed to the latest version, you're told to clear the CMOS. In order to do this, disconnect from the wall and display, then remove the CMOS battery, press and hold down the power button for 30secs and then replace the battery after 30mins.

Sep 4, 2024
Thanks Lutfij for the welcome and advice,

It's my 1st time to hear a hardware bios reset (ditto, unplug, short pin or remove battery - I prefer the latter) after successful flash. Will do it and update over the weekend coz its a work pc.

Btw - by the way, in clearing TPM using software (pc will reboot if TPM clear selected and save changes), on logon Windows says pin cannot be used due to something... hardware security not sure...can't recall...Had to use MS account password and reset pin...Hopefully it doesn't escalate to something worse.

Have a great day! 😊