See the Chrome Laptop Get Destroyed Repeatedly

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

deletemach_kernel

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2010
[citation][nom]earthwormsvx[/nom]They forgot to show the part where he starts receiving ads for pet stores and animal shelters as well as all the spam that will be sent to that email address as a result of Google reading his document stored in their cloud.[/citation]

not to mention....ahem ....ahem...the beastality stuff

aaron88_7

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2010
[citation][nom]v12v12[/nom]Hey everybody guess what I just found... MORE evidence of non-"hacking" data-breaches going on today!"In late October, a routine computer security review uncovered suspicious activity on a university server that contains personal information -- Social Security number, date of birth, and address -- of approximately 760,000 current and former faculty, staff, students, alumni, and others affiliated with the university. Expert cyber consultants were hired, and after a thorough investigation, concluded there was no evidence that any personal information was acquired. However, individuals whose personal information was on the server are being offered 12 months of a credit-monitoring plan at no charge."Yeah... "free" "MONITORING," yep sign me up! You see what I'm saying here? This is all STAGED and blamed on the ambiguous nature of "hacker," or some other bullcrap. YEAR after YEAR, "hackers," Ooooooh! "Leakers," OMG! "Monitoring by 'US.'" YES MORE! The post TELLS you it's a fraud, how is there "suspicious activity," and then "none found?" There either WAS or their was NOT? See in the security/IT field there's no "sorta," you either FOLLOWED best-practice/legal protocol(s) or you did NOT. Maybe? Click or don't click, login or don't. Access data you KNOW you're not supposed to, or you do. "Mistake" and maybes are clearly spelled out in such environments. It's double-speak going on right in front of you, lmfao! Some of you get it, most of you continue to see the movie that's being played to you, while you act out your PART as the dumbed-down, uber entertained, no-time-for-"Tin Foil-" talk SHEEP! Yet the same PATTERN of misdeeds continues to recycle and replay, continuing the tightening grip of wealthy/powerful/government enacted CONTROL over the noobed out masses. Geesh... It's like "Oh hey, I drive a Bentley, so anyone (w/out one) that asks how I got it, or why I have another one at home is Craazy! Call them tin-foil heads if they start asking logical and probing questions that I have not already told you the answer(s) to..."WHO buys that load of shat?! lmfao most of U GUYS DO! *shrug*[/citation]
I bet $20 this guy has watched Zeitgeist more than once in the last week already and has been to at least one Tea Party convention lol

But for the rest of us normal folk....cloud computing is on its way and consumers will appreciate what it does for them.

shadowmaster625

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2007
Just because your data can easily be accessed and/or groped by anyone at google/cia/nsa/tsa doesnt mean you can or should go around blowing up your notebook. Besides, I can restore my notebook even more easily. All I have to do is insert a usb drive with acronis and tell it to restore a backup image over the network. And I dont even need an internet connection to do it!

G

FRAAK .. This has been out on the web for aages.
Typical TOMS.. Late again AS usual.

k-rider01

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2010
[citation][nom]cookoy[/nom]25 computers were harmed in making the video? i counted only 4.what a waste! just to prove a point: making a Lost Cat ad takesa lot of effort with Chrome OS.[/citation]
Are telling me, you're not seeing the ADDRESS BAR? ...you know; for entering Internet addresses?
You need another choice other than Internet Bar on a browser?
Come on... it's a prototype for F sake!
It WILL grow, yeah!
At time, you WILL have lots of choices; as long as you can see the address bar, that is...

v12v12

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2008
[citation][nom]aaron88_7[/nom]I bet $20 this guy has watched Zeitgeist more than once in the last week already and has been to at least one Tea Party convention lolBut for the rest of us normal folk....cloud computing is on its way and consumers will appreciate what it does for them.[/citation]

Bah Ive seen it, sure, but do I believe every word verbatim, certainly not... Tea Party? S. Palin? Lmao I’m calling a RED-HERRING/straw-man! Hhaha you don't know squat about politics buddy. Oh, so being a Demo or Rep makes this any better? LOOK at the affairs of this nation: WHO DIRECTED POLICIES TO GET US WHERE WE ARE AT... Reps AND Demos, thus your point about "normal" folks is moot = you so-called "normal" folks are THE REASON THE NATION IS FAILING hahaha bc you're too inept to know that the 2 party system is a FRAUD. 2 "parties" representing ~150million voters, yeeeeeeah, that's logical and reasonable sounding huh? It doesn’t even make logical-sense, nor does it provide any proof of a political-system that actually works FOR the citizens and not us working for OUR government and corporations, which (fact of lobbying) have more influence than the populous as a voting mass. This is (again) not debatable; it’s a FACT of statistics. Yes EVERY election has a statistically created set of values that can show many trends: such as voters want X, but officials voted for Y. Voters do NOT want ABC, but again officials voted for it: Year after year the same back and forth blaming 1 “party” or the other. Who gets rich, they do, who loses value on their labor and fiat currency, WE DO. This you cannot argue, so you don’t actually have a… wait you have a TALKING POINT ONLY, but that’s it. A sound-bite opinion which provides no solution; another “lets call dissenters quacks, and get back to CORRUPT politics as usual…” YOU and your mindset are the problem… Care to provide us with a valid explanation to why the nation is where it’s at, if the alleged “2 party” system is functioning the way the CITIZENS want it to; NO YOU CANNOT lol.

Now how about you actually address my points and cut the ad-hominem counter point. Can you actually debate my points, please feel free to search anything you need for whatever rebuttal you can craft.

Talk over my points with whatever jargon or "normalcy" rationalizations you want, but like I said; all those idiots claiming the sky is falling, the earth is FLAT, the sound barrier is impossible, outer space is impossible etc were FAR smarter and more intelligent that YOU are. Those so-called "experts" were considered "normal" and all of their academic competition was seen as "quacks." Who’s laughing now about said events of history? Who’s going to be laughing when all of your personal data has been “hacked,” or whatever other misappropriation of it leads to it falling in the wrong hands… Be our guest and be the 1st person to sign up and UL all your personal filings to the “cloud…” You COWARD, you won’t bc you know as well as I do; data is NOT as secure in other’s hands. You only HOPE it is, until another headline starts to shed doubt on your assertions.
__How are you/anyone else that thinks having someone else manage your personal data as being "helpful" and "secure," please tell us how this makes you sane and or rational? LOGICALLY speaking, only YOU YOURSELF can secure your data. This is laughable to even debate, speaking of which, I'm not going to let you off the hook either. I'll keep hammering you till I get a valid answer, none of this blow-off "be quiet loon, we're 'normal,'" sorry pal that doesn't cut it.

The fact of the matter is; I CAN prove my points with validity, but you CANNOT bc cloud-computing by function and definition is LESS secure and opens the door for more intrusiveness IF the government/host so chooses. This isn't debatable; it's a FACT of physical access and proximity to your data. It's either in your full control, or someone else's. Duh?

Where did you learn to debate/reason (clearly rhetorical; get it) lmao... this is fun!

applegetsmelaid

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2010
Companies encouraging you to keep your data on a cloud is like financial institutions encouraging you to keep your money at their bank. Eventually they will enforce daily limits and only insure you up to 100 Gigabytes!

Status
Not open for further replies.