Question Seeking Assistance: Persistent Crashes with AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT

Jul 4, 2023
Hey everyone,

I'm facing an ongoing issue with my AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT graphics card that is causing frequent crashes during gaming sessions. Despite some troubleshooting efforts, I haven't been able to find a solution, so I'm hoping to get some assistance from this community.

Here's a summary of the situation and the steps I've taken so far:

Initially, my graphics card was reaching temperatures as high as 105 degrees Celsius, which led me to believe that overheating might be the problem. To address this, I thoroughly cleaned both my computer and the graphics card itself. Additionally, I applied new thermal paste to the CPU. These measures did help reduce the Junction temperature by 20 degrees Celsius, but the crashes persisted, occurring approximately 15 minutes into gameplay.

In addition to the temperature-related adjustments, I upgraded my power supply to a 650 V unit to ensure sufficient power delivery to the system. Despite this upgrade, the crashes continue to occur.

To ensure that my system is up to date, I've installed the latest graphics card drivers and updated Windows. However, these updates didn't resolve the issue. It's worth noting that I've been experiencing this problem for a few years, but it was less frequent when playing games with lower graphics demands, such as League of Legends and Minecraft. However, when I attempt to play more resource-intensive games like Hunt Showdown and Hell Let Loose, the crashes occur consistently.

Below are the specifications of my system:

• Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
  • OS Version: 10.0.19045 Build 19045
  • System Manufacturer: Micro-Star International Co., Ltd
  • Model: MS-7B86
  • Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor
  • BIOS Version/Date: American Megatrends Inc. M.70, 17/06/2020
  • BaseBoard Manufacturer: Micro-Star International Co., Ltd
  • BaseBoard Product: B450-A PRO MAX (MS-7B86)
  • Installed Physical Memory (RAM): 16.0 GB
I'm unable to determine the exact cause of these crashes, and it's becoming increasingly frustrating to enjoy gaming sessions without interruptions. Therefore, I'm reaching out to this community in the hopes that someone might have encountered a similar issue or possesses the expertise to assist me further.

If you have any suggestions, potential fixes, or personal experiences related to the AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT crashes, please share them with me. Any recommendations regarding software tweaks, BIOS updates, or any relevant steps will be highly appreciated.

Thank you all in advance for your time and support. I look forward to your responses!

Best regards,
pbdark