Question Seemingly random crashes, both in frequency and severity ?

Oct 25, 2023
First time posting here, so I'll just list out my specs and what I've already done to try and circumvent these issues. I'm really hoping its something ridiculously simple that I just overlooked.

specs;
Ryzen 5800x
RTX 3070ti
32gb 3600mhz Corsair Vengeance ram
msi x570s tomahawk motherboard
Samsung 970 500gb NVMe ssd
4tb barracuda drive
1000w GQ EVGA power supply

issue; Seemingly at random, sometimes when entering new areas and sometimes when just playing the game as intended (Both in moments of action and moments of rest) the game itself will either crash me to my desktop, or just entirely reboot my system and even sometimes black screen my computer until I hold the power button for a bit, with the first two being far more common than the black screen. Happens in every game with each game stating a different reason, in one its due to a certain DLL causing an access violation, others claim its NVIDIA's drivers, and other games claim its due to a corrupted game file and that I should reinstall, only for me to do just that and have the problem happen all over again. (when not playing games however, system NEVER crashes.)

Attempted solutions:
  • Switching OS entirely, problem began for me while using Linux, then switching my system dreadfully back to windows 10 showed some slight improvement to the stability of my games, i still found myself crashing rather frequently, for the same given reasons by these programs and with the same resulting crashes. A further upgrade to 11 lead to no further improvement
  • DDU driver wipe and Reinstall, Been there, done that, not a driver issue. Tried drivers from when my card was first avaliable up to the most recent (545.86 or something like that) drivers and saw no change.
  • Reset bios changes; PBO XMP & temp limits
  • Stress tested system; Furmark and Heaven ran just fine, whereas Cinebench fails to do a full run (temperatures never exceeded 80c for GPU or CPU, nor any of the motherboards sensors)

Any advice would be most appreciated!