Question Select "Boot Device" Flashes and won't proceed wit usb

Jan 30, 2023
So I have a prebuilt computer from CLX and was running into some speed issues (major). I assumed it might've been something wrong with my settings so I tried to start a factory reset. I kept crashing mid-reset and had an issue going through my files so I was told to reset using ISO (from Microsoft). Eventually, I contacted CLX about the issues and it was kinda fixed I was able to run windows at a much slower speed but had access to basic things. I left home and came back upon starting my system everything crashed and wouldn't boot up windows again just my BIOS. CLX was still in contact with me and told me it repeat the steps I did to install windows but it wouldn't work. I've only been able to access my BIO and the last few comments I got from them were that I was doing something wrong I then went over all of the steps with them to still not receive a valid answer to what was wrong. I reset all the settings in the BIOS, changed the boot priority, the USB is fine because it works on my laptop and I used it before to install windows the first time and for some reason, I still can't install windows. The error I'm running into is similar to one I saw here but when I tried the fix it wouldn't work for me.

If anyone could help me I'd appreciate it. If you need any information to help please let me know.

Don't try to fix a new problem with the old problem still there.
Extreme slow downs and the system not booting up at all anymore can be signs of your main disk disconnecting.
Is it a nvme drive or a ssd?
Can you open the case and have a look at it?
If they send it to you per mail it is very possible that something came lose.

Jan 30, 2023
Don't try to fix a new problem with the old problem still there.
Extreme slow downs and the system not booting up at all anymore can be signs of your main disk disconnecting.
Is it a nvme drive or a ssd?
Can you open the case and have a look at it?
If they send it to you per mail it is very possible that something came lose.
Well, I don't know how I would fix the slowdown if I can't get into the system at all. The system itself is running fast my BIOs has been super reactive I think the problem was within the OS which I can't get into now since it's gone.
My SSD is still attached and I've had the system for a bit over a year so I don't think it could've come loose. It was working fine one day and then I had these problems.

Well, I don't know how I would fix the slowdown if I can't get into the system at all. The system itself is running fast my BIOs has been super reactive I think the problem was within the OS which I can't get into now since it's gone.
My SSD is still attached and I've had the system for a bit over a year so I don't think it could've come loose. It was working fine one day and then I had these problems.
Does the ssd still show up in bios?
Either the bios settings have changed and don't start from the disk anymore or the disk has an issue and isn't working anymore.
Since you had mayor slowdowns my money is on problematic ssd.
If the SSD doesn't show up in bios there is no reason to try to boot from the usb since the installation would not see the disk either.
If it does show up then make sure that the bios is set up to boot from it as well.
Upload pics to a webhost like imgurl and post links here if you need help.

Jan 30, 2023
Does the ssd still show up in bios?
Either the bios settings have changed and don't start from the disk anymore or the disk has an issue and isn't working anymore.
Since you had mayor slowdowns my money is on problematic ssd.
If the SSD doesn't show up in bios there is no reason to try to boot from the usb since the installation would not see the disk either.
If it does show up then make sure that the bios is set up to boot from it as well.
Upload pics to a webhost like imgurl and post links here if you need help.
The SSD still shows up in BIOs and still allows me to erase it and run a self-test on it.

View: https://imgur.com/KTT53Dm
is the imgur link. I ran a self test and added the results here along with images of the pc and the problem.

OK, so the way a system boots has changed and now there are two ways for it the new one UEFI/gpt and the old one legacy/mbr.
If you create a bootable USB from MS it creates one for the system it runs on, so if you created it on a legacy boot system it will not boot on an uefi system and vice versa. So if you created it on the laptop and the laptop is configured with the other boot method then it won't work on the prebuild.

You should show pics of the boot settings and how the usb as well as the ssd shows up there.

Jan 30, 2023
OK, so the way a system boots has changed and now there are two ways for it the new one UEFI/gpt and the old one legacy/mbr.
If you create a bootable USB from MS it creates one for the system it runs on, so if you created it on a legacy boot system it will not boot on an uefi system and vice versa. So if you created it on the laptop and the laptop is configured with the other boot method then it won't work on the prebuild.

You should show pics of the boot settings and how the usb as well as the ssd shows up there.
Okay, so I think I get the issue now, and I attached the images showing the USB, SSD and boot options.

If you're correct about the installation method of the OS being the issue I'm curious about why did it work previously? but mainly how would I get around this? because I don't have any other methods of being able to download the OS.

I did try switching the system into the Legacy mode before to see if I would be able to get different results but it gave me the same error so I don't know if my laptop is the issue or the system itself because like I said it worked once from the laptop but after that, I can't get it to go.

View: https://imgur.com/a/425UjL2

TRENDING THREADS