Selling on CL, opinions, options

Status
Not open for further replies.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Every now and again I come across a group of PC to sell. Without getting too deep into that whole aspect (I have discussed this elsewhere), it's generally things like Dell Optiplex or the similar HP counterpart, office, small form cases. Last year I got a pretty good sized group of them with the i5 4570 and various configurations of RAM from 8-32GB and all of them were able to be outfitted with 250G WD Blue SSD. I listed them on CL and pretty quickly sold all of them for between $60-100 based on the amount of RAM and condition. Most of these are typically high B/low A grade. All of them had valid W10 license in place.

I recently got a bit more of a mixed bag of similar items ranging from DT down to the "micro" SFF. The worst of them is the 3rd gen i5 micro and the best a mix of 4th gen i5/3rd gen i7. I have options available for semi stock configurations, all on SSD, and a couple with GPU options up to low profile GTX750ti. I similarly listed these to CL with pics and full descriptions, all but one of them have valid W10 license and instead of marking up like everything seems to be doing, I kept the same pricing schedule as before on everything except those with an additional GPU.

I have not gotten a single solitary real offer. All I am getting is spam bots wanting me to take a check and such mess.

What other local sales options are any of you using with success? I will not use eBay to sell anything due to past experience with them. I try not to buy anything from them unless I have to. I am REALLY trying not to use FB Marketplace, but....

sonofjesse

Distinguished
Ebay and FB markertplace is going to be the two top ones.

Word of mouth, or if you work a lot of jobs have a message board you can post systems (just be aware you sell it to people you work with they will want free tech support forever).

All else fails you could donate them and write them off.

Selling online these days is a lot of BOTS and people wasting your time, just how it works. It's annoying. A lot of times that is why I give stuff away or take it to the dump.

Reactions: punkncat

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
It turns out that CL worked, it's apparently just a lot slower this time around. I ended up selling off a couple of machines for right at asking. I gave two of them away to a friend in need, and actually am using one in the living room until after Christmas when I will re-list that one. The PC I normally use in that room sits where wifey is going to want to put the Christmas tree. That worked fine with the previous case, but since building in the Lian Li it's too large to fit along with.

I tried to use FB marketplace and got not one single message about them. I also have a couple of monitors which I listed on both and neither of those has gotten a bite. I guess 1080P monitors are a no go item, even used, any more.

I need to watch myself though, starting to gather a collection of machines about like how I used to collect paintball markers, lol. Got six machines in the house right now, and two of those are just sitting. I think I might have a problem....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts