Senator Wyden Calls For 21st Century Privacy Protections

Status
Not open for further replies.

campbelln

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Lucian, I really appreciate reading your security and privacy focused articles here on Toms. They're always well written and cover very important topics that less technical publications don't tend to grasp as well. Keep up the great work.

As they are calling for increasing government drone activity, they want to protect our electronic lives? I don't think so.

Look in my windows, but not at my data? Maybe they'll just rely on buying this private information from the likes of Google. They'll protect strong encryption as long as they have the key to it.

eodeo

Distinguished
May 29, 2007
Thank you for sharing this Tom's! I can't believe that it took this long for a single voice to be heard, but privacy matters!

I really don't get people who don't understand this basic human right...

leadpoop

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2010

Bingo. He will say whatever it takes knowing he can't really do anything. As long as the constituency eats it up, he gets what he wants.

Wyden has been the voice against the illegal surveillance by our government. So to say its because he's up for reelection that he is speaking out is untrue. It was Wyden who caught DNI James Clapper in a lie about these illegal activities as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.