[SOLVED] Sennheiser GSP 500 - Someone can tell me the difference ?

Jul 28, 2021
Hi,

I'm interested to buy the Sennheiser GSP 500
I see there are 2 same versions
They seem to be identical, just a re-styling
But they have a very big price difference ( about $140 for one and $240 the other )
Somenone can me why this price difference and if they are really identical ?

Solution
No matter what's written there, this headset is NOT Sennheiser -it's EPOS brand. You can read how came to that elsewhere, but in short: Sennheiser sold gaming headset department to EPOS and at first EPOS even used Sennheiser logo on it's products (as eye catcher). Anyway, EPOS has nothing in common with Sennheiser. As far I could findout, EPOS is just a brand sourcing from China.
I bough EPOS GSP 370 about 18 months ago, by thinking it's actually Sennheiser (my headset still has Sennheiser logo, but is made in China) and all I can say is, poor quality for the money. After a year, ear pads started to fall apart, as foam is protruding out at seam -if you google for that, you'll see that's well known issue for EPOS headsets.
Prices are based on the seller, many times older products are still around priced the same or higher than new ones. If it's the same model number, it will be the same headset, or close enough to it that it won't matter. Just make sure you check the model number specifically not just the overall product name.

No matter what's written there, this headset is NOT Sennheiser -it's EPOS brand. You can read how came to that elsewhere, but in short: Sennheiser sold gaming headset department to EPOS and at first EPOS even used Sennheiser logo on it's products (as eye catcher). Anyway, EPOS has nothing in common with Sennheiser. As far I could findout, EPOS is just a brand sourcing from China.
I bough EPOS GSP 370 about 18 months ago, by thinking it's actually Sennheiser (my headset still has Sennheiser logo, but is made in China) and all I can say is, poor quality for the money. After a year, ear pads started to fall apart, as foam is protruding out at seam -if you google for that, you'll see that's well known issue for EPOS headsets.

Solution

There are Sennheiser products that are made in China, their lower end headphones and gaming headsets are and were made there. It's the same headset as before, under a different brand. EPOS is owned by a Denmark company that had a partnership with Sennheiser. The gaming headsets were made in the same place before and after they changed the branding to EPOS.