Sequence of files in open/save dialogs

I've noticed that when I go to open or save a file in most any Windows app
the dialog box tends not to have the files in any obvious order. It also
defaults to the list view. Is there a way to make these dialog boxes stick
with the details view??

Running Windows XP Pro SP1 but it happens on my Windows 2000 Pro home
machine too. Minor issue I know, just annoying.

TIA!
--
Elaine Pack, Web Analyst
Charlottesville, VA

For sorting open a folder window and Ctrl + Close on titlebar.

Can't change icon style

http://www.uscricket.com