Question Serious PC issues, not sure what it is

Jan 5, 2022
Hey PC enthusiasts, wondering if I could get some help from someone. As of yesterday my pc began running my games very slowly. I updated my graphics driver to no real avail. Then the weirdness ensues when I restart my pc only to have it turn off and not turn back on. I hit the button to turn it back on, turns off. I do it again, same thing. After waiting a few minutes (The exact amount of time I don't know) I hit the button and my PC powers on and tells me the PC didn't boot properly and if I would like to boot or reboot with default settings, I hit boot and the PC fires up. My games still perform poorly and, getting frustrated I tried every conceivable option including look to google. I tried moving outlets, same thing, I used another power supply, same thing, It only seemed when things were plugged into the PC that it wouldn't turn on the first couple of times (I.E. Monitors, keyboard, mouse, etc.) My games are still running poorly and right now my PC effectively feels like a paperweight. I was able to turn it on to post here, but I fear it won't turn on one of these days. This is a brand new PC and I really don't want to have to replace it. Any ideas? Anyone heard of this happening? I won't rule out the possibility of processor overheating but that seems unlikely considering the PC doesn't shut down at random intervals. Anyway, any help would be great. Thanks!

Sep 7, 2021
Hey PC enthusiasts, wondering if I could get some help from someone. As of yesterday my pc began running my games very slowly. I updated my graphics driver to no real avail. Then the weirdness ensues when I restart my pc only to have it turn off and not turn back on. I hit the button to turn it back on, turns off. I do it again, same thing. After waiting a few minutes (The exact amount of time I don't know) I hit the button and my PC powers on and tells me the PC didn't boot properly and if I would like to boot or reboot with default settings, I hit boot and the PC fires up. My games still perform poorly and, getting frustrated I tried every conceivable option including look to google. I tried moving outlets, same thing, I used another power supply, same thing, It only seemed when things were plugged into the PC that it wouldn't turn on the first couple of times (I.E. Monitors, keyboard, mouse, etc.) My games are still running poorly and right now my PC effectively feels like a paperweight. I was able to turn it on to post here, but I fear it won't turn on one of these days. This is a brand new PC and I really don't want to have to replace it. Any ideas? Anyone heard of this happening? I won't rule out the possibility of processor overheating but that seems unlikely considering the PC doesn't shut down at random intervals. Anyway, any help would be great. Thanks!
I am not an expert but if I were you first I would reply with your specs, then I would download throttlestop and check temps, and then run a benchmark on userbenchmark and link me the results. Then we may have a more accurate idea of what is wrong, also a cpu can still thermal throttle without the whole pc shutting down, which can greatly impact performance.

Jan 5, 2022
Sure, my specs are a Core i5 11600k, 32GB DDR4 RAM, GTX 1060 6GB
I think my motherboard is a Gigabyte B560M DS3H, but I could be wrong.
Benchmark reports underperformance

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2022
The HDD? Not sure, a couple of years? Maybe 3?

EDIT: I don't know if this is valuable information, I might add that since I'm broke and my last one failed, I can't afford another SSD, and have the PC running on a single 2TB platter drive

Last edited: