Serious ping spikes when pinging google.com and my own router, but only on my PC

lemons13579

Honorable
Oct 10, 2013
Hi, so my connection for my PC goes like this:

PC -> Ethernet -> ATT Uverse wireless reciever(for tv) -> router.

I also sometimes use a wireless USB adapter instead of Ethernet to Uverse box, but the problem persists.

While playing games like Battlefield 4 or Rocket League I experience huge lag spikes making the game somewhat unplayable, which caused me to test the pings. I also tested on another wirelessly connected PC in the other room (slightly farther away from router) and it gets no lag spikes like my computer does. What could be the issue here? By the way I have Windows 10. Also I have very decent and consistent download/upload speeds (45Mb down & 20Mb up)

If it does it on a ethernet cable to your router ip then it almost has to be the drivers in the pc especially if other devices do not have issues. Make sure you have any wan accelerator or QoS features disabled on your PC they cause lots of strange issues.

Ping is extremely simple. It sends a packet and measure the time it take to respond. Since you are on a ethenet cable the actual network delay will be far less than 1ms. So any delay is either the router not responding quickly...which you say does not happen on other devices. Or the pc is actually receiving the response from the ping and the ping command is not being allowed to process it quickly because of other things running on your machine. As fast as pc are now days you should not see delays so it almost has to be some kind of bug likely in the network drivers

lemons13579

Honorable
Oct 10, 2013

Tried that just now. Looking at the commands prompts of pinging my router and google.com now it seems doing that made it worse, Lol!

Anything else that may be at fault?

James_342

Commendable
Aug 4, 2016
I've been getting the same issue!
Its been occurring for the last few weeks and its really pissing me off!!!! I cant put an Ethernet cable from my router to my pc because its too far and ive updated all drivers and even bought a new network card (did nothing)...
It could be something interfering with the connection to the router but ive changed to many channels which no one else in my street are using but im experiencing the same lag spike
https://gyazo.com/c67bf92be81be6d2e1d1b09c284a7edc
Heres a photo

PS its only my computer experiencing this.