Serious problems. Windows 8 blank during install

Ahaydo1

Reputable
Jun 27, 2015
So for a little back story, yesterday my computer was running really slow so I opened the task manager and saw that the disk was running at 100% but nothing was using an abnormal amount of disk. I tried to power it off correctly but it wouldn't respond for over 30 minutes (however I could still move my mouse.) so, I held down the power button until it shut off.

When I turned it back on, I got a blue screen with the :-( for couple seconds before the computer automatically restarted and then saw the blue screen again. It once again restarted and it continued to loop in this process.

So, I tried to boot from my win8.1 installation disk to restore win8.1 but when booting from the install disk it shows the windows logo like normal, spins for a little while, then goes blank (nothing on screen but screen is on). I let it sit for 45 minutes to make sure it wasn't just taking a while.

Any ideas on how to get the install disk to work correctly?

Solution
Does the disk work on another computer? It could either be the setup disc is corrupted, or the CD drive is having issues. If it doesn't work on another computer do the following step:

You may want to search online for an iso file for that windows version and burn it to a CD using imgburn. Or you can burn the ISO file to make a bootable usb using Rufus.

This one is from the official site:http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows-8/create-reset-refresh-media

Ahaydo1

Reputable
Jun 27, 2015
It doesn't show a blue screen with the installation disk, however it has a different issue. The installation disk shows the windows icon, then spins below it for a good minute, and then the screen goes blank indefinitely.

Reyaz123

Admirable
Does the disk work on another computer? It could either be the setup disc is corrupted, or the CD drive is having issues. If it doesn't work on another computer do the following step:

You may want to search online for an iso file for that windows version and burn it to a CD using imgburn. Or you can burn the ISO file to make a bootable usb using Rufus.

This one is from the official site:http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows-8/create-reset-refresh-media

Solution