Question Serious rubber banding issues

Jan 18, 2021
Hi all,
This has been going on for a few weeks now, and it just started up out of the blue.
I mostly play Tarkov, COD and Battlefield. I hadn't touched COD since that last major update that merged the Black Ops with Warzone and recently went back as my friends wanted to play.
Since loading it up again, I've had really bad rubber banding on every game, and I have no idea why. I've noticed that it has spread into Battlefield also. It doesn't effect my frames, still getting what I did before this all started.
Let me say now, I'm no IT expert, but I haven't changed anything on my system since I last played when there were no issues. And I've run a few speed test to just make sure it wasn't my internet crapping out (ping of 17, download speed of 250 and upload speed of 17) so I don't think it's to do with that, and my PC is wired not wireless.
I don't have any other devices in my network that are on when I game, and apart from the wife using her phone...there isn't anything else taking up the bandwidth...
I just don't know what I can do to solve this as it is ruining every online game that I play.
I've seen others post their system specs so I'll do the same, not sure it's needed but hey ho:
RTX 2070 super, ryzen 7 3700x, 32gb 3200mhz RAM, ASUS TUF B450-PLUS MB.
Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
Thanks

That's usually ping related. A ping result via a system speed test is also an entirely different thing than what ping you can sometimes get WHILE playing. Always monitor ping while playing games online via a game browser or 3rd party tool. Pings can also increase if someone with really bad ISP speed, ping, etc, joins the match. Maybe try other servers when you have this problem to compare.

Jan 18, 2021
That's usually ping related. A ping result vs a system speed test is also an entirely different thing than what ping you can sometimes get WHILE playing. Always monitor ping while playing games online via a game browser or 3rd party tool. Pings can also increase if someone with really bad ISP speed joins the match. Maybe try other servers when you have this problem to compare.

My ping does spike when the more severe rubber banding is happening.
It doesn't seem to matter what server, or even what game I am playing, a few minutes after joining a match it starts to spike.

I ran PingPlotter while playing a quick match on COD, here is the result:
https://ibb.co/FWkWvRw

The initial spike was while loading the game up, the other was while playing, and was only 30 so not really enough to cause any issues? I think anyway?
However, I was experiencing the rubber banding the whole match with varying severity, and my ping according to the game itself was around 70. In the past this ping hasn't given me any issues.