Server Error: Unable to post after editing when there is an image present in my original post?

V8VENOM

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I've been trying to edit and post a thread I created but because it has a URL link to an image in my original post, my edits will not save/post and I get a Server Error?

The ONLY way to edit my original post is to remove the image link. I can't imagine this is "by design" since I get a "Server Error" message and not something a little more informative.

This effectively renders editing non-functional if one has an image present in the original post.

I'm using latest version of Chrome.

Thoughts?

Cheers, Rob.

Colif

Win 10 Master

V8VENOM

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Interesting, let me see if it's some of my Chrome extensions causing issues. I have anti-tracking and IDM download and Malware and a few others enabled ... I'll get back to you.

V8VENOM

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Disabled all my Chrome extensions and unfortunately I get the exact same error. Any other thoughts?

Odd, only when I have a picture linked.

Cheers, Rob.

Colif

Win 10 Master
Could try using a different source website like imgur, it might be a problem linking to a google image.

if you want me to swap images, let me know.

it isn't a common problem or I would have an answer already.

Last edited:

V8VENOM

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I do have an IMGUR account (I don't like IMGUR because they have Advertisements in their free accounts), I can test with that. But just to be clear the Server Error ONLY happens on "edit" not when I create a new post (add).

Test:

EDIT: Lets see if IMGUR works

EDIT2: It worked! Now lets see if Google works ... drum roll ... no, sadly.

So it looks like I can post a NEW thread with Google image link but NOT edit a thread with a Google image link ... strange as I can't imagine this is "by design".

Cheers, Rob.

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS